DVR Camera fitting by Trebor

Trebor
DVR Front & Rear Camera How To

DVR cameras are already popular and becoming even more so. There are various cameras out there but it doesn't have to be an expensive mod and is relatively easy to do.

The SD card records in a continuous loop and when it is full it will over record the earliest footage, the files on the card are spilt between front and rear facing videos for ease of finding what you need

At a recent Midlands Nano Meet I fitted with the help of Bernard a kit to Roy's car and the how to is below for anyone thinking of doing the same.

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Jul 2015, 10:13 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Rob.
Great how to i like the bubble boxes :thumbsup: i will follow this if and when i decide to fit one to the FL 1 i am sure more people at the nano may want this done once it catches on cheers Arctic

PS do we have a best type list for these camera ie make price wise what micro card they take, how long they record for etc
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Jul 2015, 22:42 #2 

raistlin
Nicely done How-To Rob :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Jul 2015, 22:48 #3 

Trebor
As ever Steve you get what you pay for I suppose and there are many kits on the market at different prices, I only paid around £35 as a few other owners had them fitted and they worked fine, as for the micro cards I think 32gb is the max you can fit but again that may depend on the camera. It is tempting at the start to get the biggest card you can but you are only ever going to want the last few minutes footage in the event of an accident so may not be necessary, I still have some radio interference from my rear camera which I need to look at at some point.
The footage is really good quality and records in 2 minute sequences which can be adjusted , the camera puts front and rear recordings into different folders
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 18 Jul 2015, 08:57 #4