What a strange society we live in by PaulT

PaulT
So a worker hits another worker and people 300,000 people think that is OK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31832698
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 11 Mar 2015, 13:00 #1 

Borg Warner
They certainly wouldn't if it was them or a relative, but it sums up today's society sadly. Prosecute him and get him tagged.

Gary M.

Posted 11 Mar 2015, 17:30 #2 

Trebor
I thought by now there would be an alternative petition to get rid of him.

Apparently he doesn't like a cold Buffett and wanted hot food, just how pampered are some of these so called stars, why can't he buy his own anyway.

A few years ago my wife was self employed running a cafe in a large local car supermarket, the BBC were in town as part of shooting a documentary on car sales and we were approached by 2 women from the BBC who asked for a tab which would be settled on leaving, for 2 days they had breakfast, lunch, snacks and lots of drinks and yes you have guessed it they left without paying, I even wrote to the BBC but didn't even get a reply
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 11 Mar 2015, 20:29 #3 

raistlin
I'm not denigrating the thread by any means but can I just add my view on Mr Clarkson as a whole which could be neatly summed up as:-

who the hell cares :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 11 Mar 2015, 20:37 #4 

PaulT
raistlin wrote:I'm not denigrating the thread by any means but can I just add my view on Mr Clarkson as a whole which could be neatly summed up as:-

who the hell cares :(

Seems that it is now over half a million who think it is OK for a grown man to act as a spoilt child.
Paul

Posted 11 Mar 2015, 21:52 #5 

Duncan
I've not seen much on the story, and in any case never believe what is written about stuff like this. But if he did assault someone, then why hasn't he yet been charged? And I'm gobsmacked by the number of people I've suddenly lost respect for, because they are also supporting his behaviour.....

Posted 13 Mar 2015, 15:38 #6 

Borg Warner
Celebrities, be they footballers, actors or TV presenters, are for some unknown reason held in high esteem by their twit(er) followers, in whose eyes they can do no wrong. I quite enjoy TG in parts - gravy for the brain mostly - but it and its presenters, Clarkson in particular, have grown a little too big for their boots.

He needs to be made an example of, if nothing else to convey that this type of (alleged) behaviour is not acceptable.

Gary M.

Posted 13 Mar 2015, 20:41 #7 

Trebor
maybe send him on holiday to Mexico and Argentina !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Mar 2015, 23:52 #8 

Trebor
In todays Mail so maybe comes with a health warning but if true how can he defend his actions

" The fracas took place after the Top Gear crew returned to the Simonstone Hall Hotel after a long day of filming. They had been due to arrive by helicopter in time for dinner at 8pm, but they are said to have arrived two hours late after Mr Clarkson sat in a pub keeping the helicopter waiting. When they eventually arrived, the hotel's chef had gone home.
The Top Gear host wanted a hot peppercorn steak with mushrooms, and became angry with Mr Tymon when he was offered a cold platter of meat and soup for dinner. The hotel's general manager eventually stepped in for the chef and cooked Mr Clarkson a steak sandwich. "
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 14 Mar 2015, 10:15 #9 

Borg Warner
If true then the actions of the hotel were despicable - didn't they know who they had staying at the hotel???

Some people really do have an over inflated opinion of themselves, no doubt made worse by the actions of their "followers".

Gary M.

Posted 15 Mar 2015, 05:59 #10 

PaulT
Get one million people telling you are God and you are God.

The same as some of the demands that so called 'stars' make when they appear including what needs to be in their dressing rooms.

Someone I knew had their house used for the bedroom scene in The Fourth Protocol starring Michael Caine. He said that the crew absolutely loved Caine. He sat in his trailer until required and made no demands - perhaps the mark of a true star.
Paul

Posted 17 Mar 2015, 11:02 #11