Life is strange sometimes by raistlin

raistlin
I was doing some shopping in Sainsburys this afternoon and had just got to the top of the travolator when I saw a chap running towards me with another chap hanging on to his arm but with limited success. It soon became clear that he was suspected of shop theft and was trying to escape. I noticed two security staff also heading towards him but from some distance away.

I interposed myself between him and his escape route in such a manner that he fell to the floor somewhat winded.

At this point a staff member and the security guards had arrived and after recovering his breath somewhat the suspected thief looked up at me and cursed. Boy did he swear.

He knew me. I recognized him to be one of our most prolific shoplifters.

The last time we had met, roughly three weeks ago I'd said to him:-

"If you are brought before my Bench again, you'll be going down those stairs instead of out the front door."

On that occasion we handed down a suspended sentence.

The store manager had by then arrived and asked if I'd be prepared to make a statement to the Police and warned me that if so I might have to go to Court. The chap who had held on to him was also willing to do so.

I assured him that there would be no problems :)

Some people are just plain unlucky.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 31 Dec 2014, 19:11 #1 

humphshumphs
:clap: Oh dear what a pity.... throw the book at him
Richard

Posted 01 Jan 2015, 09:18 #2 

PaulT
One way to end the year :)
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Jan 2015, 12:32 #3 

raistlin
He was remanded in custody overnight and was produced in the Remand Court this morning where he received an immediate prison sentence after pleading guilty.

I wonder why he didn't plead not guilty?
Paul

Posted 01 Jan 2015, 16:38 #4 

Borg Warner
Take it you were not sitting at the time Paul?

Gary M.

Posted 08 Jan 2015, 11:45 #5 

raistlin
Borg Warner wrote:Take it you were not sitting at the time Paul?

Gary M.

Yes. I was chairing one of the Remand Courts, it was arranged that he should appear before the other :)
Paul

Posted 08 Jan 2015, 13:12 #6