Strange day last week by PaulT

PaulT
Reight from when I started work I was adamant that I would retire at 60 on one of those horrible public sector final salary pensions provided I stayed within the public sector which I have. (The strange thing is I never heard anoyne in the private sector moaning about the public sector schemes UNTIL share prices started to fall).

Contracturally I have to give three months notice but needed to give 4 months so that the pension kicks in on time. Last Wednesday was the day to give 4 months notice.

As the time got closer to going and tendering my resignation to my manager a whole load of doubt came over me which quite puzzled me as financially everything seemed to work out and all our plans of what we wanted to do.

Actually handing over my letter and I was trembling a little.

He did say that I could withdraw my notice provided the pension lump sum had not been paid. I informed him that I would not be allowed to by a superior being!

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 19 Dec 2011, 08:55 #1 

Zeb
Congratulations Paul! A life-changing moment but moving on to different things has its advantages. Just make sure you have 'stuff' lined up! (With a new house I think that inevitable anyway!)

Posted 19 Dec 2011, 09:46 #2 

PaulT
Thanks Carl. Oh yes, plenty of 'stuff' lined up and as we also have a house in France then plenty to do just on the housing front.

There is also my neglected TR7 to sort out, a 'new' 75 to source and keep in tip top condition as well as a caravan to tour with.

I get accused of still thinking that I am 20 which makes retiring seem strange as I do not feel fit for the knackers yard yet.

May have to move from Lincolnshire though - all the neighbours chat, unlike down south. Takes an age to go anywhere as there is constant yacking. Seriously though, we love it. The only downside is having to have turkey on Xmas Day. For the last 5 or 6 years we have gone to an Indian restaurant near to where we used to live.
Paul

Posted 19 Dec 2011, 16:00 #3 

carlpenn
PaulT wrote:Thanks Carl. Oh yes, plenty of 'stuff' lined up and as we also have a house in France then plenty to do just on the housing front.

There is also my neglected TR7 to sort out, a 'new' 75 to source and keep in tip top condition as well as a fibre glass shed to tour with.

I get accused of still thinking that I am 20 which makes retiring seem strange as I do not feel fit for the knackers yard yet.

May have to move from Lincolnshire though - all the neighbours chat, unlike down south. Takes an age to go anywhere as there is constant yacking. Seriously though, we love it. The only downside is having to have turkey on Xmas Day. For the last 5 or 6 years we have gone to an Indian restaurant near to where we used to live.

Gratz on your Retirement - Hope you will grace us with some TR7 Photo's of your work ;) My Favourite Triumph :)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 20 Dec 2011, 10:46 #4 

PaulT
Will do - have only driven it about 20 yards in the last 10 years. Do enjoy driving it. Put your foot down in a bend and the back slides out in a controlled way.
Paul

Posted 20 Dec 2011, 12:05 #5