is this the owners club by the_doctor

the_doctor
is this the owners club, if not, why not and can some one point me in the direction of the owners club :cheers:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 19:57 #1 

SpongeBob
No, we are not (and are not affiliated with) The 75 and ZT Owners Club. They can be found at www.the75andztclub.co.uk

We set this place up to be a focal point for all manner of discussions and interactions not only socialable but also in connection with owning, maintaining and serving any and all Rover 75's and MG ZT's. We have a huge wealth of knowledge amongst our membership covering not only the cars but many other subjects to boot. Got a question? Just ask! :D

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:00 #2 

the_doctor
so whats the difference between here and the OC

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:01 #3 

James.uk
No fees here.. The OC charge £10 a year and is a Ltd Co... :o .. More than that I couldn't possibly comment on... ;)

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:05 #4 

MrB
the_doctor wrote:so whats the difference between here and the OC

You would have to try both out for yourself.

I personally would say that there is a more relaxed atmosphere over here. But that is just my opinion.

You don't have to pay the Owner's Club £10 to be a part of their forum, and am not entirely sure that there are any perks to doing so. :scared: But then there are no fees here whatsoever, you can make a donation if you so wish.

All I can say, is that it is all down to personal preference really.

I know which I prefer.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:16 #5 

Last edited by MrB on 02 Jul 2010, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Tourerfogey
I smell Troll - but not a very good one eh doc? ;)

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:21 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Tourerfogey wrote:I smell Troll - but not a very good one eh doc? ;)

Ditto. You have a good nose for these things TF. :)

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:22 #7 

the_doctor
MrB wrote:
the_doctor wrote:so whats the difference between here and the OC

You would have to try both out for yourself.

I personally would say that there is a more relaxed atmosphere over here. But that is just my opinion.

You don't have to pay the Owner's Club £10 to be a part of their forum, and am not entirely sure that there are any perks to doing so. :scared: But then there are no fees here whatsoever, you can make a donation if you so wish.

All I can say, is that it is all down to personal preference really.

I know which I prefer.

good advice

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:26 #8 

the_doctor
Mick wrote:

Ditto. You have a good nose for these things TF. :)

eh

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:27 #9 

Duncan

Maybe, maybe not. Was might initial thought too, just seemed an oddly phrased question.

But in answer to the OPs questions:

Is this the owners club: No. it's the community.

If not why not: I don't understand the question, which is what made it sound odd. I just don't get what you mean by 'why isn't it' Could you explain what you mean. Usually Why is asking you to justify something. Why should the community justify why it isn't the club, it just isn't.

What's the difference: a different approach, a different attitude. Least that's what it is to me. Some people like Pizza, some pasta, many people like both, some have a strong preference. Pizza eaters don't generally tell pasta lovers how wrong they are, just becuse they don't eat it themselves. I hope likewise round here.

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:30 #10 

the_doctor
i am new to rover 75's, stumbled on this thru internet search, you all lost me on what the heck you on about, pizza and pasta????? what is this a diners club????

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:32 #11 

DeuxGazoles
Very well put Duncan though Pasta is wrong :mrgreen: :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:33 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
the_doctor wrote:i am new to rover 75's, stumbled on this thru internet search, you all lost me on what the heck you on about, pizza and pasta????? what is this a diners club????

Could be. :)

How's your motor? Any problems we can help with?

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:35 #13 

the_doctor
pick it up tomorrow

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:36 #14 

Duncan
the_doctor wrote:i am new to rover 75's, stumbled on this thru internet search, you all lost me on what the heck you on about, pizza and pasta????? what is this a diners club????

Oh, sorry if I confused. I thought it was a useful analogy to explain.

You asked what the difference was between here and the owners club. I was trying to use an example that explained how the two sites are different. There is a bit of history here: this forum is new, and there has been a bit of fuss between the two. I was merely trying to explain that there are alternatives, and you can choose either or both.

I suggest you have a look round here and see what you think, and look at the other site and do the same. No-one will fuss whatever you choose.

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:41 #15 

Zeb
Hello Doctor... :D Pleased to see you. I hope you will enjoy your new car and the new forum...t'is a fun and friendly place to be and a fair few here know an awful lot about our cars...and it's all yours for nowt. Enjoy.

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:48 #16 

takestock
Hi Doc :)

Hope you like the car, if you do have any queries or questions just ask away, one of us here will be able to help, not only with problems you may have but also with tips to avoid problems, first thing is.... enjoy the car :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:59 #17 

Trebor
will you be calling your car the Tardis and using a sonic screwdriver to fix it ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:08 #18