Holiday Prep and the Tardis Boot by MN190

MN190
Car checked over and prepared ready for holiday which means remove the HK sub and makes sure the batteris in the wireless headsets are charged, and DVD changer loaded with the kids choice in discs. :-D
Wife and Daughter have been packing since Wednesday Did mine in 25 minutes last night - would have been quicker but I stopped to make a cup of Tea.
Anyway collect all the bags 3 large suitcases between the girls one medium suitcase for the two boys and a small suitcase for me plus some bags of shoes etc.
Asked the girls which case thay don't want to take as even with the sub out there is no-way that will all fit so we go through the same routine of loading the bo0t and one large case left. :confused:
Now if we had just got the car I could understand it but we have had the car for nearly 10 years now and I haven't done any mods to make the boot bigger.
Did point out that if she had agreed with me about buying the ZTT earlier in the year it would all have fitted I didn't see an issue with the V8 engine. :oops: :gmc:
Rant over and the girls are now down to 3 outfits each day and two large cases plus two bag of shoes

Posted 07 Jul 2012, 08:58 #1 

Jürgen
Looks like it's about time to begin to search for a ZTT again when you'll be back ... :mrgreen:

Have a great holiday!

Posted 07 Jul 2012, 13:54 #2 

Trebor
I know that feeling well as i have had the same problems for years with my tribe although they are now older and dont always come with us, but swmbo takes the opporrtunity to seize the space that the kids had even though it was never there in the first place !

You could always invest in some roof bars or even a box as somewhre for the kids to sit giving you more space in the back seat !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Jul 2012, 16:38 #3 

MN190
Grandad has come with us
1 of the kids gone to ride shotgun with him.
His half empty boot was quickly filled along with the back seat

Posted 07 Jul 2012, 17:38 #4 

Trebor
I love a happy ending and all suitcases taken !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 08:53 #5