Francis Maude is a dangerous dick-head... by raistlin (Page 1 of 3)

raistlin
... in my view.

In his haste to contradict David Cameroon and in his headlong rush to blame Unite union, that dick head Maude has "advised" motorists to keep " a bit of fuel in a jerry can".

The man is a moron, and more than that, an irresponsibly dangerous moron.

Anybody with any sense knows that the safest way to store fuel is in full cans. A "bit" of fuel in a jerry can will, of course, produce a dangerously volatile explosive combustible vapour.

Top marks Maude. What are your views on storage of fissionable material then?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 12:12 #1 

Bermudan 75
Tuppaware?

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 13:26 #2 

Jumper
If a tragedy should occur, and someone sues for faulty advice from ' a government spokesman', what's the betting he'll try:
"I,in my position as MP, was conducting a government/media meeting and therefore under parliamentary privilege. I recommend you send that writ to the Justice Secretary. Thank you for your interest". working together towards a safer environment

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 13:40 #3 

Cowley_MOA
On that basis, I say let the Russians have charge of dealing with our Nuclear waste...
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 13:56 #4 

raistlin
Cowley_MOA wrote:On that basis, I say let the Russians have charge of dealing with our Nuclear waste...

I thought they did :lol:
Paul

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 15:08 #5 

Trebor
A few facts about Mr Maude

Out of Parliament after the 1992 general election, Maude began a series of business roles. He worked in banking as Managing Director at Morgan Stanley from 1993 to 1997. He was also appointed a non-executive director of ASDA Group Plc in July 1992, and served as a director of Salomon Brothers from 1992 to 1993.
He was accused of hypocrisy for receiving more than £100,000 as a director of a company that has profited from sub-prime mortgages. His annual salary was £25,000 from 2002 to 2005, for attending around six meetings a year of the company , and £12000 a year 2006 to 2008. The company went into liquidation in April 2009..
Maude allegedly purchased a flat in London, close to a house he already owned, before claiming on the flat and renting out the house.
His personal net wealth is estimated at £3m. Despite this, during a discussion on Newsnight on 22 October 2010 he argued that a 5% cut to his £65,738 salary was equal to the 'pain' suffered by Britain's poor
Although a proponent of David Cameron's "Big Society", a July 2010 interview revealed Maude does little or no work for the voluntary sector, believing that his work as an MP was contribution enough.

Probably makes him an ok guy when compared to some other MPs !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 20:01 #6 

stevemac
raistlin wrote:... in my view.

In his haste to contradict David Cameroon and in his headlong rush to blame Unite union, that dick head Maude has "advised" motorists to keep " a bit of fuel in a jerry can".

The man is a moron, and more than that, an irresponsibly dangerous moron.

Anybody with any sense knows that the safest way to store fuel is in full cans. A "bit" of fuel in a jerry can will, of course, produce a dangerously volatile explosive combustible vapour.

Top marks Maude. What are your views on storage of fissionable material then?

To be fair, it could just as easily mean a full can. Compared to a full tank in a car, a full jerry can would be a "bit".
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 22:23 #7 

geesmith
I'm sure the poor would gratefully grasp at the 5% cut of £3.28k.

Isn't 'dick-head' a pseudonym adopted by MPs when they want to appear "street savvy"?

" Hi trendy youngsters, I'm a dick-head ..etc " (they do like to create the impression of being in touch)

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 23:55 #8 

raistlin
Well, it goes from bad to worse. Apparently, owing to what Maude and Cameroon have said between them there has been an extra tax take of something like 80 million pounds since yesterday on the extra fuel sold.

="stevemac"To be fair, it could just as easily mean a full can. Compared to a full tank in a car, a full jerry can would be a "bit".

As you say Steve, although I don't think so myself, and as a government minister, he should be more than aware of the need to make specific comments.

We are talking about a man here who, when told by a firefighter about the legal limits regarding storage of fuel on domestic premises, told the firefighter that he was being "needlessly technical".
Paul

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 18:08 #9 

Last edited by raistlin on 29 Mar 2012, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

MN190
Nearest petrol station to me out of diesel this morning and was expected to be out of petrol by 7pm tonight
They reckon takings are 3x the normal amount.
A couple of people in front of me where busy topping up their tanks just in case. Both bills were less than £10.

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 19:34 #10 

Last edited by MN190 on 29 Mar 2012, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

Zeb
Never mind all that! Profiteering LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) sellers such as Flo gas (may they rot) have upped the price of LPG by 10p a litre overnight! Why? It can only be to attempt to take advantage of the situation to the detriment of their users....I am just giving up going anywhere....till they find a way to tax me or rip me off for staying still..:(

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 19:34 #11 

raistlin
[quote="Zeb"....till they find a way to tax me or rip me off for staying still..:([/quote]

Next week.
Paul

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 19:38 #12 

SpongeBob
I'm not wasting my last quarter of a tank driving to my local LPG pump to find out that they've either increased the price or ran out... :gmc: I think I'll stay put over the weekend methinks :)

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 20:13 #13 

carlpenn
Well, The Police State finally hit tonight as Tina was instructed by the Police at the Petrol Station she could only fill up with £30 worth of Diesel :O Upon realising she worked for the Emergency services (She was on her way home from work) they "upped" it to £50, knowing she needs the Car for getting to work :) While in the Ambulance today they had to travel through a total of SIX Petrol Stations before finding Fuel - Hopefully no-one died while they had to do this thanks to the blind stupidity of Joe Public being suckered into yet another scare by the hapless muppets in Gov't and a few other numpties making idiotic comments knowing that the Public would run round like it is the end of the World stockpiling fuel....I heard on the Radio today an incident where Members of teh Public physically "Fought" over a Fuel pump <insert shaking head smiley here>
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 20:17 #14 

Zeb
Fights at the pumps at Tescos in Skeggy today...:) So Tescos just shut 'em..:D

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 20:27 #15 

Tourerfogey
Tesco's is for Chavs - so what do you expect ? :gmc:

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 21:32 #16 

Bermudan 75
Zeb wrote:Fights at the pumps at Tescos in Skeggy today...:) So Tescos just shut 'em..:D

Panic buying : stupid, stupid British public.

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 21:52 #17 

RhodieBill
We used to have put up with constant fuel shortages in Zimbabwe - so nothing new to me....

And you say queues - this is a queue! A petrol station in central Harare!...lol. We used to hire guards to watch our car overnight in some instances....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 22:00 #18 

geesmith
The end is nigh, time to panic buy, please fill up the coffers before they fly...

Harare looks a bit like the future.

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 22:19 #19 

PaulT
Zeb wrote:Fights at the pumps at Tescos in Skeggy today...:) So Tescos just shut 'em..:D

Thanks Zeb, that's reassuring not.

Travelling home for the weekend from Surrey to just above Skeggy. Had quite a bit of fuel in the tank but did not know what getting fuel up there was going to be like.

I was not looking to top up last night but in one place those trying to get in to a garage had totally blocked what is a main road.

Topped up in a Tescos just before 06:00 this morning which gives me enough fuel to get home and back down to Surrey on Monday.

However, we have friends staying this week so I thought 'I will go home via Skeggy where there are 3 garages very close to one another and hopefully fill up so that I will have fuel to get out and about.

Sounds like it will be a walk on the beach and a couple of bottles of wine indoors (apparently not very nice weather this weekend).

Needs a Basil Fawlty moment about those in Government who make Corporal Jones look professional.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 05:50 #20