Head gasket by kandyman

kandyman
Had some bad news this morning,

Had a service done by a Local dealer which do a pick up / drop off service and when they were bringing it back to me It broke down and had to be recovered back to there garage, there telling my that the head gasket has gone but they got to do some more tests first.

All I can say is, lucky it's my company van I'm talking about, which is a vauxhall vivaro on a 06 plate.

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 19:23 #1 

JohnDotCom
Don't do things like that Andy .......thought you were it bit calm for the Limo to have blown!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 19:25 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bleedin' wind up merchant, gerroutofit. ;)

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 20:16 #3 

kandyman
Well i am still without my van

I am been told that the engine is shot with damage to the head and 2 of the pistons and it'll need a new engine, They have sourced a 2nd hand engine and are in the process of getting it fitted but the new engine dose not come with any warranty.

Ok I know it sounds a bit funny but the guy who does our van servicing works at main dealers and is a close personal friend of the boss and he has looked after or fleet for the last 4 years.

I think after this latest episode they will be looking to get rid of the van and get me a new one on lease/contract hire.

Posted 21 Mar 2011, 15:27 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The amount of mileage you do and the requirement to be in a good state of being when arriving on site, you can't be doing with something that may let you down with such serious problems. Best idea is as you say lease or contract hire then the responsibility for keeping you mobile is down to the supplying company, it's akin to paying insurance.

Posted 21 Mar 2011, 15:34 #5