Ultimate Remote with OEM key-fob owners please note **UPDATE by raistlin (Page 2 of 5)

Lates
(Trader)
Notice I didnt ask ;)

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 20:57 #21 

raistlin
Never did solve it to my complete satisfaction Lates. That's why I stopped actively supporting the OEM version and concentrated on the third party remote option.

The latest version with the extra delay might solve the problem but I can't say for sure.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 21:05 #22 

Lates
(Trader)
Drop me a mail or text Paul, we can knock it about in the background :)

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 21:32 #23 

takestock
Lates wrote:Notice I didnt ask ;)

I did, thankyou :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 28 Jun 2013, 14:46 #24 

Howie666
Please may I ask where I might obtain one of these ultimate remote kits? If it would be prudent to wait until the Nano and get one there I'd be more than happy - especially if there is someone who can help with the installation! Many thanks,
Dale

Posted 01 Mar 2014, 13:26 #25 

raistlin
Howie666 wrote:Please may I ask where I might obtain one of these ultimate remote kits? If it would be prudent to wait until the Nano and get one there I'd be more than happy - especially if there is someone who can help with the installation! Many thanks,
Dale

The device in question has been unavailable for some time now, other than those that have occasionally emerged for re-sale.

However, the collective of Duncan, David and I are in the process of re-developing the module for release in the near future, depending upon the perceived interest in such a device. It is also entirely possible that the cost would be considerably reduced.

In addition, we are also re-visiting the problem regarding the use of the module with the OEM key-fob and are optimistic that this may be susceptible of a solution in due course :)

Nothing more definite yet, but we are confident :)
Paul

Posted 01 Mar 2014, 13:42 #26 

Howie666
raistlin wrote:
Howie666 wrote:Please may I ask where I might obtain one of these ultimate remote kits? If it would be prudent to wait until the Nano and get one there I'd be more than happy - especially if there is someone who can help with the installation! Many thanks,
Dale

The device in question has been unavailable for some time now, other than those that have occasionally emerged for re-sale.

However, the collective of Duncan, David and I are in the process of re-developing the module for release in the near future, depending upon the perceived interest in such a device. It is also entirely possible that the cost would be considerably reduced.

In addition, we are also re-visiting the problem regarding the use of the module with the OEM key-fob and are optimistic that this may be susceptible of a solution in due course :)

Nothing more definite yet, but we are confident :)

Thank you, I will wait with bated breath. John (Mischief) has the mod and I am quite jealous!

Posted 01 Mar 2014, 13:45 #27 

raistlin
Howie666 wrote:Thank you, I will wait with bated breath. John (Mischief) has the mod and I am quite jealous!

John has selflessly helped several people with his mod and I think that's brilliant. However, in fact, John does not have, nor does he install, to the best of my knowledge, the Ultimate Remote mod :) No, I've not had an attack of the sour grapes :lol:

His mod is based upon the very early stages of the development of the Ultimate Remote and, whilst perfectly effective as far as it goes, bears little of the sophistication and function of the Ultimate Remote mod in its final form.

The mod that John does is very simple to apply and doesn't even need an Ultimate Remote module. Both John and I are perfectly capable of talking you through it if that would help or, if you really were unsure, it could be done at a nano-meet :) Remote boot opening, if required, can easily be done at the same time.

I hope that helps if you'd like the mod John has as soon as possible, bearing in mind the the latest iteration of the UR is not yet available Dale :)
Paul

Posted 01 Mar 2014, 14:30 #28 

Howie666
This is all very educational indeed. As the car is in reasonable fettle as she stands I'm more than happy to wait until you've developed your remote as the words 'sophistication and function' are most seductive. As mine is an ancient Longbridge ZT, she has the old fashioned key entry boot (as well as the button in the footwell). Is it possible to get the remote boot opening working alongside the other functions? It is nice to live in interesting times!

Posted 02 Mar 2014, 20:39 #29 

raistlin
Howie666 wrote:Is it possible to get the remote boot opening working alongside the other functions? It is nice to live in interesting times!

Yes mate :)
Paul

Posted 02 Mar 2014, 21:12 #30 

jubbarelly
Hi Paul

Any news on the new remote mod?

Thanks
Jub

Sound as a Badger :D

Posted 16 May 2014, 10:13 #31 

raistlin
jubbarelly wrote:Hi Paul

Any news on the new remote mod?

Thanks
Jub

Work is progressing :)
Paul

Posted 16 May 2014, 12:44 #32 

Duncan
I'm working on the software for the unit. I need to spend some more time on it, but then there's a lot of things I need to spend time on. I've done enough to prove the hardware is there, but in order to keep flexibility for the future, I'm trying to develop it as a state machine, and its making my brain hurt.

Posted 16 May 2014, 17:29 #33 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:and its making my brain hurt.

Rather yours than mine Duncan :)
Paul

Posted 16 May 2014, 18:17 #34 

jubbarelly
Good to hear that progress is being made guys.

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Tapatalk

Sound as a Badger :D

Posted 17 May 2014, 05:47 #35 

Trebor
I had the original ultimate remote fitted working off the key fob and had the occasional problem with the windows opening on closure ( as mentioned by Paul at post 1 of this thread )

I am now trialling the new version and so far its flawless !

I have tried several times to upset it by opening locks, windows, and closing them very quickly afterwards, but its having none of it and works 1st time every time ( that would not have been the case with the old version - for me at any rate )

So now without incident I can open door locks , open and vent windows , sunroof and powerfold mirrors and close them again all from the key fob, if you are thinking of doing this mod when the new kit is available you wont be disappointed

Its great in this hot weather to return to your car and be able to open all the windows to release the heat before you get in and thats just one of the great things about the mod

Well done to all who have worked on improving the original, I am well pleased
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Aug 2014, 08:09 #36 

Duncan
Glad to hear it seems to be working well. My main concern is whether it suffers the same occasional glitch the previous one did when used with the OEM fob, so we probably need you to keep trialling it for a little more before I'm happy.

Posted 02 Aug 2014, 08:34 #37 

Trebor
Will do Duncan , but so far so good , with my old set up multiple commands in a short space of time seemed to confuse things and i had alarm going off etc, but so far with the new set up none of that has been present
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Aug 2014, 08:40 #38 

raistlin
We even managed to get it wired in without tantrums from "Christine" as well :lol:
Paul

Posted 02 Aug 2014, 08:51 #39 

takestock
Is the upgrade a straight swap for the original one Paul? Or is there more electrickery reqd?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Aug 2014, 09:25 #40