Ultimate Remote with OEM key-fob owners please note **UPDATE by raistlin (Page 4 of 5)

Trebor
Its the additional one Duncan ie 12v pulse with a diode, mine is soldered into the switch and also has a spade connector to let me disconnect it so I have just pulled the spade, the OEM wiring is still as it was and the mirrors operate on the PF button as it is now ( apart from the dodgy one )
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Mar 2015, 08:39 #61 

raistlin
Trebor wrote:Its the additional one Duncan ie 12v pulse with a diode, mine is soldered into the switch and also has a spade connector to let me disconnect it so I have just pulled the spade, the OEM wiring is still as it was and the mirrors operate on the PF button as it is now ( apart from the dodgy one )

In fact, that is the earth pulse wire Rob :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Mar 2015, 09:55 #62 

Duncan
Actually Rob, I think that wire is the other one. The 12v and diode is in the harness. Can you confirm the car is locked when the windows are down? I'm pretty sure thats what Rob W said. If so, it's starting to kind of make sense I reckon.

Posted 07 Mar 2015, 10:06 #63 

raistlin
Rob, when you get the unwanted window opening, does the sunroof open as well?
Paul

Posted 07 Mar 2015, 10:19 #64 

Trebor
I'll do a check tomorrow re being locked with windows down and yes the sunroof opens too
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Mar 2015, 23:15 #65 

Trebor
Yes sorry got mixed up on the wire names but whatever it's called it is the additional one that's soldered to the PF switch.

Tested again today and of course I cannot now recreate the situation where windows open as well as unlocking the car, on the test the UR has performed impecably, I even tried to upset it by pressing close within a second after opening and vice versa but it's having none of Christine's nonsense today at least.

I will keep an eye on things as I use the car this week.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 08 Mar 2015, 15:00 #66 

raistlin
Trebor wrote: but it's having none of Christine's nonsense today at least.
:lol: :lol:
Paul

Posted 08 Mar 2015, 15:16 #67 

woolleysox
I still have mine disconnected I intend to refit the fuse in the run up to the nano. As Paul described it appears the 12 volt pulse is missing so mirrors don't reopen until button pressed then every think works fine. I want to reconnect my remote so I can give it a run upto the nano if ok we just have to resolve the missing 12 volt pulse. I think it will be the connection in the door ( fingers crossed) Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 08 Mar 2015, 19:46 #68 

woolleysox
Just reconnected mine as pe previous post. I will keep you updated.

Rob Woolleysox
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 09 Mar 2015, 13:09 #69 

raistlin
Any further news chaps?
Paul

Posted 24 Mar 2015, 11:33 #70 

woolleysox
Hi Paul

Mine appears to be ok as discussed at the nano

Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 19:19 #71 

Last edited by woolleysox on 08 Apr 2015, 06:12, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
Thanks Rob,

Once we get the new module installed in Trebor's we can release it for general use.
Paul

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 19:41 #72 

woolleysox
Don't want to push my luck but all appears well. I find it a great bit of kit as I often have the roof open and have on many occasions have forgotten to close the roof even left it open over night ooooops

Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 21 Jun 2015, 15:01 #73 

handyjackdaniels
Yes, I agree, a lovely bit of kit!! Finally got mine installed at weekend.

A couple of minor problems along the way... took a few attempts at finding a ignition controlled feed from fuse box, the obvious ones weren't right, finally got one though, and then getting the timing right for opening the windows with the quick second press!

But thanks to the man, got it sorted and working fine. Thank you Paul!!!!!!!!

Steve.

Posted 20 Jul 2015, 16:58 #74 

Trebor
And the latest version fitted in mine at the last nano meet is still working without any issues or faults
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Jul 2015, 20:03 #75 

boogiedrummer
Hello guys, I am intersted in the ultimate remote control. Is it available for general use, please? I have so far had T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) session and I have to install wing powerfolds. I canĀ“t wait to have it. It has been a couple of months, since I learned about this great gadget. So, I am wondering whether it is available or not. thank you very much for your reply.
Best Regards
martin

Posted 30 Jul 2015, 11:20 #76 

Trebor
Just an update on my URM which is still working flawlessly , have had a couple of people contact me who are interested in having one, is there any news on making them available ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 14 Sep 2015, 09:29 #77 

Duncan
I think there are two things to resolve. One is to get some built up and tested, the other is the pricing. I'm struggling for time to build any, but I'm not sure if David has had chance. I'm guessing he's in the same boat.

Posted 14 Sep 2015, 17:00 #78 

raistlin
Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to produce modules with SMDs :(
Paul

Posted 14 Sep 2015, 18:12 #79 

woolleysox
:hissyfit: :panic: :panic: Said I should have kept my mouth shut door window switch failed nowt to do with remote in fact. Remote saved the day as it allowed me To close the open window. Replaced switch unit as I already had a spare sorted simples . Phew

Thanks again for a great bit if kit guys

Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 06 Dec 2015, 14:07 #80