I hope she rots in hell by raistlin

raistlin
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10802587/Constance-Briscoe-faces-new-criminal-inquiry.html

As if the Judiciary haven't got enough on it's plate dealing with the "Harumph brigade" who know so little but shout so loud from their safe vantage point. This bitch goes and presents them not just one gift but possibly more.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 May 2014, 19:34 #1 

PaulT
Sad fact that there is always rotten apples. The positive side of things is that this was not hushed up to save embarrassment to the judiciary. She has received 16 months.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 02 May 2014, 10:46 #2 

raistlin
I know that Paul but the Judiciary gets a lot of bad press in the media and people swallow the codswollop they're served because they don't know how the Court system works and it's so much easier to denigrate that it is to find out for themselves. I, and a lot of others besides, spend a great deal of time trying to dispel the mythology and explain why apparently arbitrary decisions have been arrived at. In fact, I've an open invitation for people to observe my Bench in action or for me to host at a Court hearing and explain in real time what is going on.

I've done some dubious things in my time, just like everybody but people like this bitch wipe out months and years of positive work by so many people out of greed and spite and the breathtaking hubris to genuinely believe that the law doesn't apply to her. She is also being investigated for fixing trials at which she presided as well.
Paul

Posted 02 May 2014, 15:11 #3 

Jumper
I sympathise with your exasperation at the effect this woman has apparently had on the public's impression of the judiciary.

However, I think she will be seen as merely a corrupt individual who was mistakenly elevated for entirely the wrong reasons. Much has been made elsewhere about her 'intelligence' and social relevance but I believe all she has demonstrated is a moronic stupidity in lying to police and the court on the behalf of other, in this case, criminals.

I think most people will accept that with the best of intentions you can't rule out one bad apple but maybe the system that appoints such people might consider their motives (such as tokenism).

I did express my doubts on here about her future some time ago.

Posted 02 May 2014, 15:51 #4 

raistlin
Jumper wrote:I sympathise with your exasperation at the effect this woman has apparently had on the public's impression of the judiciary.

Not all of the public. I refer to the "harumph brigade" :)
Paul

Posted 02 May 2014, 16:59 #5 

PaulT
Makes headline news so what does that mean - it is very rare. How many people died on the roads today and how many are reported on national or regional news, very very few. I always use this to judge how common events are.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 02 May 2014, 17:04 #6 

Jumper
raistlin wrote:
Jumper wrote:I sympathise with your exasperation at the effect this woman has apparently had on the public's impression of the judiciary.

Not all of the public. I refer to the "harumph brigade" :)

I take the point! That brigade are so far from the front line and reality I doubt their flatulence is within earshot. Or, if from rheumy keyboards, it is ignored. Blimps.

Posted 02 May 2014, 19:31 #7 

raistlin
Jumper wrote: rheumy keyboards.

:lol: chortle. You have it precisely :)
Paul

Posted 02 May 2014, 20:28 #8