A tale... Hope rekindled by raistlin

raistlin
We dealt with a group of eight Romanians today, who had been in the country less than two weeks but had fallen foul of a Police sting whilst using the "Lebanese Loop" technique to steal from ATMs in the city.

Owing to the fact that this was a relatively low level fraud / theft, we were unable to do much in terms of sentencing. The proverbial slapped wrist.

As usual, but with little prospect of action, we recommended deportation to the Home Secretary, this being recorded on their files.

However, once they had left the Court room, a woman in the public gallery stood up and introduced herself as an investigations officer with the UK Border Agency.

She then said that our recommendation had been noted and to be assured that they were all being arrested on the steps of the Court with a view to deportation and that the paperwork was at an advanced stage.

She was the senior case officer and was confident that the Romanians concerned would be on an aeroplane by the weekend.

Sometimes, somebody listens :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 15:56 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
A proper result. How unusual.

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 16:00 #2 

raistlin
Yes Mick, eight of the thieving bloodsuckers sent back to their compatriots. Life is good today :)
Paul

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 16:02 #3 

PaulT
But surely, within two weeks they must have bought a gerbil to prevent their deportation - oooh cynicism.

Great news.

There must be some honest Romanians - I wonder how they feel as no doubt they all get tarred with the same brush.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 16:27 #4 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:I wonder how they feel as no doubt they all get tarred with the same brush.

Not by me Paul.
Paul

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 16:38 #5 

PaulT
Not aimed at you Paul but the media only publishes negative stories about Romanians and never anything positive. The negative stories normally feature either cash machines or pick pocketing in the shopping areas of London.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 16:56 #6 

Borg Warner
Result.

I work with a couple of Romanians. Decent blokes, mostly, no time for the above examples of their kinsmen though.

Gary M.

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 17:24 #7 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:Not aimed at you Paul
No, I didn't think so :)

I see what you mean though. I suppose it might be likened to the (apparently erroneous) assumption that all Liverpudlians are burglars :gmc:

I have to say though, that we have more than sufficient home grown criminals without having to put up with the import of the dregs of other countries.
Paul

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 17:44 #8 

Bernard
Not all Romanians are bad news, Angela Gheorghiu is one after all. But I have to say that there are an awful lot of thieves in that country, I used to have to remove the windscreen wiper blades from my car whenever and wherever I parked it. Never had to do that anywhere else that I have driven to.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 17:57 #9 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:I used to have to remove the windscreen wiper blades from my car whenever and wherever I parked it. Never had to do that anywhere else that I have driven to.

Have you ever been to Liverpool Bernard? :gmc:
Paul

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 18:55 #10 

Jumper
Of course, it could be the homely fireside family circle has lost its appeal when the true nature of these Naughty People has emerged. If so, it's odds on that the place is relatively crime-free. Sounds like a holiday home might be a good idea.

[/quote]
I suppose it might be likened to the (apparently erroneous) assumption that all Liverpudlians are burglars :gmc:
quote]

Oi! I'll have you know Liverpool has so much more to offer than merely burglars. It is famous for it's Equality. We have crims of every persuasion.

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 19:01 #11 

raistlin
Jumper wrote: I'll have you know Liverpool has so much more to offer than merely burglars.

I agree. The city offered me my Wife of 34 years :)
Paul

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 19:36 #12 

Jumper
I say the same of Barkingside. We were civilised some 50 years ago. And the lady only cost me 14/6d for the licence. Didn't even have to steal her.

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 19:47 #13