Vulcan by Dave (Page 2 of 2)

raistlin
'Tis a Victor :)

This is a valiant:-

valiant 4.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Jun 2014, 19:14 #21 

Duncan
Thanks Paul. My Dad may disown me for not knowing the difference, but then he is a Vulcan man having been an apprentice at AVRoe at the time the Vulcan was developed.

Posted 07 Jun 2014, 19:23 #22 

Borg Warner
Typhoon.jpg
Not quite the same but if I painted my ZT like this would it go faster?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 07 Jun 2014, 20:09 #23 

Bolin
Looks like the Vulcan isn't going to be at Farnborough - I'm sur eit was in 2012.

I think the one above is a Typhoon - I always confuse it with the Grippen unless they are next to each other, otherwise I really struggle to nwork out which one. The Grippen has more/bigger 'pointy bits'. Both sound amazing when flying low overhead :)

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 21:57 #24 

Trebor
The Typhoon flies at twice the speed of sound, woudnt fancy being in a ZT going that fast !

The Vulcan, Typhoon and Red Arrows were at Welshpool air show last weekend , great day for a fiver , few of my pics below

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Jun 2014, 12:23 #25 

Bolin
The Vulcan was at Farnborough, I saw a few glimpses on the Friday before the show started as it was practising.

That thing must have scared the hell out of anybody who it was coming for! What a shape - like some sort of massive evil bird of prey or suchlike.

Posted 23 Jul 2014, 09:39 #26 

podge
A wonderful machine (but then I am a little biased)!
Two snaps,one from a field near the show and the close up......another story...no telephoto,thats her scaring the hell out of me after a low level pass on RAF Odiham,that shot is from my garden..repeat no telephoto,never ever seen her that low..BRILLIANT!!!!!

Posted 24 Jul 2014, 20:12 #27 

Trebor
Blimey that must have shook the house foundations and hope you had your ear defenders in
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 25 Jul 2014, 00:05 #28 

JohnDotCom
Beautiful plane, that noise must have been terrific and exciting, thanks for sharing the photos P and others.
Video at that height would have sounded better. :lol:
Oh to be in the sky again. :roll:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 25 Jul 2014, 08:18 #29 

podge
She caught me by suprise because those engines were just above ground idle,had the throttles been opened up to the "howl",I think the roof would have gone! built in 1820.On another tack,an airliner that has always been a favourite,so elegant and what a sound.....
Nice to "hear" from you John :-)

Posted 25 Jul 2014, 19:13 #30 

raistlin
John is probably flying that Connie :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Jul 2014, 19:19 #31 

podge
HHmm...caught on camera,perhaps it was John :-)...............nothing like a little escapade to wake everyone up!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsY4G-NS0Hc

Posted 25 Jul 2014, 20:06 #32 

podge
Something to cherish.............what will we do when she goes......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMgHBfMUfSM

Posted 01 Aug 2014, 19:23 #33 

RichardGarner
This is what you might call showing off a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og-HOG48o-Y

Posted 28 Sep 2014, 17:52 #34