Vulcan by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Happened to be in the garden this afternoon heard a little bit of a roar, and there was the Vulcan.....

Posted 10 Oct 2015, 19:01 #1 

Duncan
Wow. That was good fortune. We se the BoBMF sometimes going over.

Posted 10 Oct 2015, 20:28 #2 

raistlin
Vulcans? Horrible, smelly, dirty, cramped, dangerous, unreliable, temperamental, ergonomic nightmares... I love 'em :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Oct 2015, 21:16 #3 

PaulT
and many thanks to the Argentinians for ensuring that they would be used in anger via mazing long distance operations.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 10 Oct 2015, 21:26 #4 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:and many thanks to the Argentinians for ensuring that they would be used in anger via mazing long distance operations.

More by luck than judgement.

Doggedly determined stupidity and optimism in the face of a vanishingly small chance of success... as per usual ;)
Paul

Posted 10 Oct 2015, 21:32 #5 

PaulT
raistlin wrote:
PaulT wrote:and many thanks to the Argentinians for ensuring that they would be used in anger via mazing long distance operations.

More by luck than judgement.

Doggedly determined stupidity and optimism in the face of a vanishingly small chance of success... as per usual ;)

Who are we talking about, the Argies or the RAF :)

Still, at least the RAF had a go which must have done morale a great deal of good.......what would they do now, suppose 'can we borrow your Vulcan'.
Paul

Posted 11 Oct 2015, 18:14 #6 

raistlin
I was in Ascension at the time Paul. We were providing surveillance and SAR top cover for the whole shebang and when they succeeded, and everybody got back, sheer disbelief I think was the order of the day, both from their crews, the tankies and our lot.

I don't mean that in a derogatory way. We were all proud to be doing a job which made a difference. In those days we had a Conservative government whose over-riding concern was the good of the country and they led by example.
Paul

Posted 11 Oct 2015, 19:02 #7 

PaulT
Have read Vulcan 607 and a fascinating account. 'He who dares'.
Paul

Posted 11 Oct 2015, 20:36 #8