5. Audi TT
6. Mercedes-Benz SL
7. Mercedes-Benz CLK
8. Porsche 911
9. Volkswagen Golf
10. Mercedes-Benz ML

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/06042011/36/th ... -x5-0.html
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 18:38 #1 

starbug2
just os long as they leave our cars alone :panic:

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 18:42 #2 

takestock
JohnDotCom wrote:The top ten most stolen cars in 2010 are as follows:

1. BMW X5
2. Range Rover
3. BMW M3
4. Audi RS4
5. Audi TT
6. Mercedes-Benz SL
7. Mercedes-Benz CLK
8. Porsche 911
9. Volkswagen Golf
10. Mercedes-Benz ML

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/06042011/36/th ... -x5-0.html

Some people have no taste..:D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 18:44 #3 

Duncan
The way cars are being stolen is changing, too. It's now most often by stealing the keys one way or another, usually at house breakins.

Recovery rates are down, suggesting the cars are being broken or exported. Hopefully as there are plenty of cars being broken for ours, there's no market. I read today that there's been a huge increase in Ford Fiestas going somewhere in the South.

The other new thing is just plain stealing the parts without taking the whole car. Cats are popular for the metal, but lamps and bumpers are easy to remove and easy to sell on.

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 20:25 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Currently a spate of cat thefts in this area.

New Chinese restaurant opens in Chatteris this weekend, could there be a connection? :confused:

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 21:16 #5 

MGBev
Duncan wrote:The way cars are being stolen is changing, too. It's now most often by stealing the keys one way or another, usually at house breakins.

Recovery rates are down, suggesting the cars are being broken or exported. Hopefully as there are plenty of cars being broken for ours, there's no market. I read today that there's been a huge increase in Ford Fiestas going somewhere in the South.

The other new thing is just plain stealing the parts without taking the whole car. Cats are popular for the metal, but lamps and bumpers are easy to remove and easy to sell on.

clearly rich people are forgetting to put an alarm on their house then.. :roll:
someone stole a car's cat converter once from our work's car park, broad day light

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 15:57 #6