Stolen manhole covers by Bernard

Bernard
Pikeys have nicked just about every manhole and drain cover for miles on certain roads around Evesham. :shock:

Words fail me, I just cannot comprehend it.

It only needs some idiot now to remove the traffic cone placed on each site....
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 29 Jun 2011, 09:05 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Same happened in my village and surrounding roads a few months ago. Beats me how they can sell the scrap on, dealers must be able to differentiate between scrap and stolen man-hole covers. I presume they are buried in amongst a load of scrap to evade detection.

Posted 29 Jun 2011, 09:10 #2 

Bernard
Dealers are probably in on the racket anyway. And we think that we are a civilised society.

Posted 29 Jun 2011, 09:35 #3 

PaulT
Dealers are thinking 'this is good we can give them less than if this was legitimate'
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 29 Jun 2011, 10:14 #4 

Ragman
A lot of the dealers come from traveller stock - once the ironworks to through the crusher no one is any the wiser

Posted 30 Jun 2011, 17:30 #5 

RRobson
same here. council have nailed a piece of mdf to the top of every one but its not exactly a long term solution...
most scrappies dont have the decency to say no, because all they see is ££££'s. but in this current climate, can you really blame them?

some people broke into my place of work and stole some large bronze impellers (about 150kg each, and three off) and they weighed them in. luckily the owner of the scrapyard had more sense than most and got in touch with the local police. apparently, they didnt get that much in scrap value but to us they were worth about £25000 each, so a lucky escape.
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 20:17 #6 

DeuxGazoles
Oooohhhh don't get me started about Pikeys..................our place is crawling with them at the minute, all day long the drone of diesel Transits with shiny wheel trims & tape up the door edges mooching around eyeing up anything they can make a quick few quid on...................eeeeeeuuuurrrrggghhh they make my skin crawl :mad1:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 20:49 #7 

Bernard
DeuxGazoles wrote:Oooohhhh don't get me started about Pikeys..................our place is crawling with them at the minute, all day long the drone of diesel Transits with shiny wheel trims & tape up the door edges mooching around eyeing up anything they can make a quick few quid on...................eeeeeeuuuurrrrggghhh they make my skin crawl :mad1:

I know what you mean, they miss nothing on their 'inspections'

There is a family about 10 miles from here that are responsible for a fair percentage of total crime in the whole area. They operate quite openly and with impunity. Threats and actual violence are made to just about anyone, including the occupants of a local pub a couple of weeks ago when they stormed in wielding machetes and made them empty purses and wallets.

The Police appear impotent. Too frightened to tackle them except for the very rare occasion when they go in armed and mob-handed. The rest of the time they fall back on either the plea of 'racism' or 'health and safety'.

It never seems to hit the national press though.

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 21:14 #8 

DeuxGazoles
The trouble is most of these lot "don't exist" & it's just too hard to make anything stick, they nicked my caravan a few years back & me & the pollis involved had a discussion off the record & amongst other things he said it's really frustrating cos you know they've done it but because they can't be pinned down & identified as whoever then the police are virtually powerless to do anything

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 21:24 #9 

Bernard
Nobody has the bottle to challenge their whole way of life, no taxes, running on red diesel without insurance or any social responsibility whatsoever. All done under the cover of 'discrimination'.

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 21:30 #10 

DeuxGazoles
Aye that's exactly it & it really gets my goat, I know what I'd like to do to them (involves heat & caravans) but then I exist so I am accountable

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 21:35 #11 

JohnDotCom
Calor Gas cylinders make great torpedoes, knock off the valve top and will destroy any caravan enroute.
Not that you can legally play that game, but the vapours light the sky.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 21:42 #12 

DeuxGazoles
JohnDotCom wrote:Calor Gas cylinders make great torpedoes

Aye dont they just :mrgreen:

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 21:45 #13 

James.uk
Depends where you live. The police in Poole and Bournemouth shift the pikeys ASAP.. E.G. they arrived on Turlin moor one dark night, 48 hours later a load of Police turned up and moved them on there and then! :D :D

Seems they get shifted fast enuff if the try to set up in "Posh" areas innit...

But-- Historically the pikeys were "given" huge tracts of land as a bribe to move inland by Bournemouth Council. Later that land became worth millions when the town expanded out to reach them ... So there are now hundreds of wealthy ex-pikeys living in posh houses in and around the area.... -dunno- :( Crazy innit..

Posted 03 Jul 2011, 15:36 #14 

Messenger
At £200 a ton for dirty iron you can see what the attraction is, no excuse though and there are other ways of making money.
They're not all like that though, I know some very respectable travellers/ex-travellers who find this kind of thing very embarrasing.

Posted 05 Jul 2011, 07:59 #15