Thanks to Steve and Rob by raistlin

raistlin
I'd just like to put on record my thanks to Steve (Devilish) and Rob (Trebor) who spent a considerable amount of time fitting new seat heaters to VeeKay.

I've just tested them on a short run and they were toasty warm before I'd gone half a mile :) Winter? Bring it on ;)

Thanks chaps :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Jan 2014, 13:45 #1 

Trebor
Hi Paul, really sorry couldnt be there today but working which is a rarity for me, no not working but working on a Thursday !
Anyway glad all now sorted
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 16 Jan 2014, 13:54 #2 

Dave
Were these OEM heaters or aftermarket? Our Rexton has none, but I've seen some good reports of aftermarket ones, so am quite tempted!

Posted 16 Jan 2014, 16:08 #3 

raistlin
Dave wrote:Were these OEM heaters or aftermarket? Our Rexton has none, but I've seen some good reports of aftermarket ones, so am quite tempted!

Aftermarket Dave

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Set-Universal-seat-heating-retrofit-kit-Base-Back-Carbon-Auto-Car-2-Files-OVP-/271261505927?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f28721987

They don't have the side wings, as it were, that Rover OEM heaters have but, from experience, these warm up so quickly and get much warmer than the OEM there is no loss in not having the wings.

They can be cut to size and are supplied with a High-Off-Low switch, although you don't need to use it.

Well worth the money in my view.
Paul

Posted 16 Jan 2014, 17:40 #4 

Dave
Look to be a bargain!

I'm not sure I'd have the balls to take my seats apart to fit them, but if I could find someone who could do it for me I'd be happy to pay them! I'd need to find a set of OEM switches, but that shouldn't be too hard - hopefully!

Posted 16 Jan 2014, 19:38 #5 

raistlin
Dave wrote:Look to be a bargain!

I'm not sure I'd have the balls to take my seats apart to fit them, but if I could find someone who could do it for me...

Maybe a trip to a nano-meet Dave?
Paul

Posted 16 Jan 2014, 20:28 #6 

Dave
I wouldn't want to impose Paul, especially as the car in question is a not a Rover or MG! :D

Posted 16 Jan 2014, 23:03 #7 

raistlin
Dave wrote:I wouldn't want to impose Paul, especially as the car in question is a not a Rover or MG! :D

It wouldn't be the first foreigner Dave :) Then again, there would be no experience of how to remove the seat covers :(
Paul

Posted 17 Jan 2014, 07:48 #8 

raistlin
Objective if not scientific proof that the new heaters work better than OEM. I've just driven into Court and with the OEM heaters they would merely have been slightly warm by the time I parked the car.

Today they were toasty before I'd completed a quarter of the journey :)
Paul

Posted 17 Jan 2014, 08:58 #9 

Trebor
Good feedback Paul thanks as the 1st ones i fitted are in swmbos ZT and i dont use it that often but i know a number of people bought the heaters on my recommendation so nice to hear
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 18 Jan 2014, 20:34 #10 

dattrike
Rob, did you by any chance do a "how To" for the Rover seats as I want to do mine in KOLK?

Posted 20 Jan 2014, 20:33 #11 

raistlin
Well, this morning was quite frosty around here with a temperature of -2 degrees Celsius.

Used the parking heater mod for the first time this Winter and the FBH (Fuel burning heater.) fired up perfectly and within 20 minutes the car interior was warm and the engine temperature gauge, when I switched on, went straight to just over 1/4.

Combining that with the new heater pads, I had a very comfortable drive into work. :) In fact, I had to switch the heated seat off just before I left the M54.
Paul

Posted 20 Jan 2014, 20:49 #12 

Trebor
Sorry no how to done but happy to advise or help at a nano
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Jan 2014, 22:30 #13 

dattrike
Trebor wrote:Sorry no how to done but happy to advise or help at a nano

Thanks Rob,I'll bring them with me just in case.

Posted 21 Jan 2014, 16:44 #14