Observations. by raistlin (Page 2 of 2)

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's a bugger. I had a similar problem, lasted for months and still suffer a little from it. You'll probably recover rapidly, being a young person.................... of sorts. :lol:

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 12:53 #21 

Zeb
Hmmm...thanks Mick...I think.. :-?

So builders and vain women? Got to admit....never met a vain builder! Had plenty of women fail to show up again though... :-?

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 13:09 #22 

pob06
Tourerfogey wrote:
Zeb wrote:I have done little buildery type jobs for peeps stretching from darkest Lincolnshire, to Wolverhampton, to Plymouth and back again....but I only do it for fun..:D

That's a bloody long wall - how long did it take?

Hadrians Part 2 ??? ;-)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 13:16 #23 

Borg Warner
Have just acquired a rather niece piece of kit for the lawn, a ride on mower. (Always wanted one, boys toys). Was told it need a service but for what it was it was a good price. So tried the number on it who last serviced it. Oh I remember that machine he said no problem mate £500. You get get up off the floor now, that's belt money for a V6 I believe? I'm a bit busy but I'll get back to you. Yeah right!!! Tried another guy. I can do that he said, £100, more like it, might be a bit more depends if it needs a new drive chain etc. etc.. I'l get back to you. Sound familiar? Meanwhile lawn's looking like a meadow again and with the dodgy hip it's not easy with smaller petrol.

Finally seem to have got someone else today who will pick it up Thursday and for decent affordable money.

I wish I could pick and choose my jobs/work; recession, what recession?

Posted 26 Jun 2012, 10:54 #24 

Bermudan 75
[quote="Dave"]Same here with the builders...

We want wall taken down between our living room and a brick built extension put up by the previous owners.

I used explosives some years ago, any use to you?

Posted 26 Jun 2012, 19:42 #25 

Duncan
I dunno. Uses a sledge hammer instead of a spanner, explosives instead of a sledgehammer. What next?

Posted 26 Jun 2012, 20:18 #26 

Mick
(Site Admin)
nuclear-bomb-mushroom-cloud.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 26 Jun 2012, 20:37 #27 

Borg Warner
Mick wrote:
nuclear-bomb-mushroom-cloud.jpg

Hopefully not being accused of crossing my threads, looks like a scene from a certain film aired recently; to quote:

"If they fire one, then we'll fire one"

"Fire one".

Which film Paul?

Posted 27 Jun 2012, 08:47 #28