Another couple of observations by raistlin

raistlin
1. Criminals charter.

We were told by CPS in Court yesterday not to fix trials during the olympic rip-offs as there would be no Police witnesses available owing to the fact that they are seconded to London.

So, quite apart from the anguish caused to those who might be involved in criminal trials, and an open invitation to criminals throughout the West Midlands (of which there are one or two), that proportion of the local authority taxation paid by the people of the West Midlands which goes to pay for the Police, is being diverted, without so much as a by your leave, nor compensation offered.

2. I hope she doesn't end up in a wheelchair.

I was in Sainsburys in Wolverhampton today and the toilet cubicle for the use of the disabled (am I allowed to say that?) were about to be occupied by a young man in a wheelchair who was having a little difficulty holding the door open and manoeuvring his wheelchair into a suitable position to effect entry, at which point a perfectly able bodied woman in her thirties, I'd guess, walked past him and stepping into the cubicle, wrenched the door from his grasp and began to close it.

The young man made a relatively innocuous comment about discourtesy and the woman poked her head back around the door, looked him up and down and said "********* off" before pulling the door closed.

Oh, if I had but possessed a wedge with which to jam the door closed...
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 17:03 #1 

Jumper
The indignities and inconveniences disabled persons sometimes endure, and which they bear uncomplainingly, amazes me. My doctor's surgery has four clearly marked parking bays for registered disabled parking. Non-disabled people regularly park there because the street parking is 50 yards away and they don't want to walk! The bays were full one day (none having a blue badge) and I told the dragon behind the armoured defence barrier/patient intimidation zone. She said "Oh, that's all right, that's the doctors' cars".

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 19:19 #2 

Bernard
Disabled bays are a nightmare but other than that we find people are very considerate to us when I am wheeling Janina around. Surprisingly so, in fact. Mind you, she can give them the Vulcan death stare if provoked.
But that behaviour in the toilets is disgusting. What can you do?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 19:28 #3 

Bernard
Forgot about the police thing. I feel a letter forming for my local MP. She always gets me a reply from the relevant minister. Never tells me anything though, just waffle, like Sir Humphrey.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 19:36 #4 

PaulT
raistlin wrote:1. Criminals charter.

olympic rip-offs as there would be no Police witnesses available owing to the fact that they are seconded to London.

that proportion of the local authority taxation paid by the people of the West Midlands which goes to pay for the Police, is being diverted, without so much as a by your leave, nor compensation offered.

Now now Paul the Olympics have been won for Britain and the people of the West Midlands will be able to enjoy watching all the sponsor advertising etc on their TVs though unfortunately not in the venues due to the way that the ticket lottery was run...and the number of tickets for corporate dos.

Paris must be highly delighted to have lost.

Oh, as for the woman and the toilet - makes you proud to be British.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 13:44 #5