Normal service will be resumed... by raistlin

raistlin
... from now I guess :lol:

I haven't been taking much interest in the forum (or anything else) recently, owing to the fact that SWMBO was waiting for an urgent operation to deal with a potentially life threatening situation and further, my Mother died very recently.

Sorry for not answering PMs, e-mails etc.

SWMBO returns home today, minus some internal parts but with a full MOT and no advisories again :D

Also, the inevitable paperwork and organization which follows a death is now completed as far as it can be with only the funeral to attend on Christmas Eve.

As a result I'm now back in the "real" world again :lol:

Thanks to those who were aware of the situation for your support :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Dec 2015, 08:51 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
My condolences for your loss Paul.
Very glad to hear your Mrs. is back in good health.

Posted 09 Dec 2015, 12:52 #2 

Trebor
Sad time for you Paul but glad all went ok for Marion

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Dec 2015, 14:34 #3 

Bernard
Sorry to hear this, Paul, a bad time for you. However,the good news is Marion is OK now and you might get some mince pies for Christmas.

Posted 09 Dec 2015, 15:22 #4 

PaulT
Sorry to hear about your loss but very glad that SWMBO is OK now - must have been a very worrying time for you.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 09 Dec 2015, 15:49 #5 

Gren 24
Pleased All went well for Marion and she is back home with you, plenty of rest for Marion and more loving work for you looking after her.

Posted 09 Dec 2015, 16:21 #6 

Dave
As above. Sorry to hear about your mum, but good that you have got Mrs Raistlin back home safely. I know how you feel on this one, as when Gill was ill 8 years ago, she came back home on two occasions with less of her than went in to hospital, but at least she was still here and on the mend!

Posted 09 Dec 2015, 16:53 #7 

raistlin
Thanks for the good wishes everybody :)
Paul

Posted 10 Dec 2015, 18:54 #8 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Paul.
Our thoughts are with you at this sad time, sorry to hear of the loss of your mum, at the same time nice to hear that Mrs P ( Marion ) is back home safely now your job really beings to hold the fort for a while as she recovers properly, which we know you most certainly will our wishes go to both of you, Steve & Gail
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 10 Dec 2015, 21:25 #9 

squire
I can only echo the thoughts that have been expressed in previous posts.
Wishing you both all the best for Xmas and New Year.
Regards,
Martyn
Martyn

Posted 11 Dec 2015, 10:56 #10 

Borg Warner
Sorry to hear of your loss Paul, but very glad to hear your wife is safe and sound back home.

Take care.

Gary and Sandra.

Posted 11 Dec 2015, 20:21 #11 

raistlin
I've just been told that I've run out of parents. I suppose that's one way of looking at it :lol:
Paul

Posted 12 Dec 2015, 18:45 #12 

Bermudan 75
Sorry to hear of your loss Paul, please pass on my best wishes to Marion.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 12 Dec 2015, 20:12 #13 

raistlin
A slight update - Some did express a kind concern.

SWMBO had her first radio therapy (brachytherapy) yesterday and has taken it in her stride, as those of you who know her might imagine :lol:

She was advised regarding side effects but told me, and the consultant, that she has decided not to have any, side-effects that is, and indeed it appears that, once having made that decision, her indomitable spirit has made it so :hail:

Onwards and, it seems, upwards :)
Paul

Posted 29 Jan 2016, 20:29 #14 

Gren 24
Good for her, tell her to keep it that way. the best frame of mind to go about it .Wishing you both all the best.

Posted 29 Jan 2016, 22:40 #15 

Trebor
Please give her my best wishes Paul
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 31 Jan 2016, 00:07 #16 

Jürgen
Sorry to read this, Paul. But it's good to see that she has a real positive attitude. I wish both of you all the best.

Posted 31 Jan 2016, 15:50 #17 

squire
Best wishes to you both from me as well.
Martyn
Martyn

Posted 31 Jan 2016, 16:56 #18