NGN scam call charges HELP ! by Trebor

Trebor
Has anyone any experience of call charges appearing on their bills that they haven't made , or does  anyone out there work for a telecoms company and could give me some advice please ?

I checked my Sky bill on line tonight as it is higher than normal only to find lots of calls to a company called Energis , these are classed as NGN calls and are generally only for a few seconds at a time sometimes in the early hours of the morning, some are for no charge whatsoever others up to 36p but as there are lots of these entries on the itemised bill then it increase the overall bill and they are not the only telecon companies with NGN calls on my bill but they are by far the most frequent

I also have lots of calls to destinations I or my family have no connection with whatsoever and although I appreciate I can't remember every call there are several calls to Ireland which are just a mistake.

Anyway back to the NGN calls , I have been on the Sky forums tonight and others have had the same problems but it doesn't appear that Sky have refunded any money for these calls, I have dialled the number and it sounds as though it is dialling a fax. Sky say that house alarms connected to the telephone network can cause this but I don't have one of them

I don't normally check my phone bills but have gone back 12 months today and the same calls have been on my bills for at least 12 months

So tomorrow I will phone Sky but I expect a fight and the usual " maybe someone else in the house has made the calls etc etc" 

If anyone has any experience of this or any advice for me it would be much appreciated
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 05 Apr 2012, 20:46 #1 

starbug2
worrying , i don't often look at my phone bill . i hope you sort it

Posted 05 Apr 2012, 20:53 #2 

Tourerfogey
Sky . . . that'll be the Murdochs then . . .

Posted 05 Apr 2012, 21:25 #3 

Jumper
I wrote to my ISP (who also carry my phone calls) three weeks ago for a breakdown of charges because there shouldn't have been any. Still waiting. Thanks for reminding me.

Posted 05 Apr 2012, 22:35 #4 

PaulT
If you have Virgin in your area you could always threaten to take your business there if they are negative.

Have you looked on Ofcoms site possibly something there about this.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Apr 2012, 06:57 #5 

Trebor
Phoned Sky today and turns out the calls marked " Energis " all relate to an old BT alarm system I have which is still dialling out even though the subscription was cancelled a few years back !

So not Sky's fault at all as it happens
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 06 Apr 2012, 14:23 #6 

Jürgen
Good to read that you found an explanation, Rob. Otherwise it could get really annoying. I hope it will be sorted now.

Posted 06 Apr 2012, 14:57 #7 

starbug2
glad you know what it is now, i hope you can sort it

Posted 06 Apr 2012, 16:28 #8