An eBay scam? by PaulT

PaulT
Yve sold something on eBay and I booked the courier - Hermes. There was a little bit of a discussion as to the pronunciation of part of the address. I knew how it was pronounced as I once lived a couple of miles away. Anyway, Hermes did not want that part of the address just the post town. The Hermes website says it was signed by a neighbour. She has just had a message from the seller asking theaddress it was sent to and when she opens up the order history there is a different persons name and address BUT the address is in the same post town.

So can you change name and address subsequently???????
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 May 2015, 18:32 #1 

PaulT
I will answer that, yes you can.

They did ask what address it had been sent to to which she replied. They have just messaged back 'oh, that is our old address'.

So they have realised that their address has changed and also name (? marriage) and changed their eBay details and obviously, bringing up the 'order details' means that the address is obtained from their datarecord and shows differently.

So, you could buy something on eBay, have it sent to someone elsewhere in the country, change your details, then claim that the seller has screwed up and sent it to someone else and demand your money back. Think I might take screen prints in future.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 May 2015, 19:19 #2