Nano-meet Sunday 13th March - Venue Confirmed by raistlin (Page 7 of 14)

raistlin
Bernard wrote:
Trebor wrote:20 so far and looking good, at this rate might have to get the AA to do some road signs about 20 miles out, and alert the local Police for some crowd control but you are all very welcome.

Did we not have a police presence at one of the nanos?
Seem to remember a car lurking there.

Yes, they thought it was a pikey encampment :lol:

I remember they soon drove away though when a dozen blokes with spanners started eyeing up their Police car for bits :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Feb 2011, 17:33 #121 

Mad-Monkey
Sorry guys, my original plans that were changed, have been changed back, so unfortunately I am unable to make this meet now.

Have a good time, I'm gutted now I cant make this :(

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 08:04 #122 

raistlin
Could do with a bit of help here guys :)

As David has had to withdraw (so to speak), we find ourselves urn-less for the day.

Can anybody who is going to be there on the day beg, steal or borrow a hot-water urn please?
Paul

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 06:34 #123 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'm sure we get around the problem if an urn can't be procured, although it makes things very much easier. As designated head cook and bottle washer I'm sure I can keep hot water on the go with a few kettles.

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 08:56 #124 

kandyman
if a urn can not be found,begged,stolen or borrowed i would be happy to make a donation to the nano meet fund to go towards buying one Image

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 20:54 #125 

JohnDotCom
Ditto from me, a great idea Andy as it will mean always available for the Nanos.

Mind you my $ to £ are getting less at the moment.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 22:31 #126 

raistlin
Kind and generous idea chaps :) but to whom would it belong?
Paul

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 22:35 #127 

JohnDotCom
Suggest the two that run the Nanos or any additional or replacements should that ever happen, that means you Paul and Rob.
As long as I get my caffeine fix. ;) :tea:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 22:44 #128 

Mick
(Site Admin)
At £40.00 to £60.00 I think it could easily be sorted from Community funds, ownership's not an issue but I think it should reside with you or Rob as the Nanos are your baby and you two are fairly local to each other if one or other can't make one for some reason.
Does that sound like a good deal? If anybody else wants to chip in they can make donations to the Community, providing they haven't already donated.

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 22:49 #129 

Mick
(Site Admin)
OK forget all that nonsense. I've just ordered one. be here in a couple of days, I'll bring it up on the day. :) We'll leave it with Paul and Rob to look after in perpetuity. It's got a 2 year warranty as well.Procrastination is the thief of time. :) :)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 017wt_1141

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 23:20 #130 

James.uk
Cheers Mick, very kind of you.. :thumbsup: :lol:

>>>Procrastination is the thief of time<<< ... really?? ... Well if I see him at the meet I will kick him in the plenams for you.. :D

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 23:53 #131 

Mick
(Site Admin)
It's out of Community funds James, That's funds donated members, the funds aren't ours but the Communities, might need a lend of it for things like Zebs next Community Picnic. Hint.....Hint. :)

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 23:57 #132 

James.uk
Oh really Mick? I hadn't heard Zeb was having another, I am pleased, the last one was a really nice day out.. Well done Zeb... ( ;) )

Posted 02 Mar 2011, 00:03 #133 

Trebor
Nice one Mick, many thanks, i will be making an announcement about the final food arrangements by the weekend, but hopefully it will be bacon in the morning for breakfast courtesy of swmbo getting up from her usual Sunday slumber and we will be on our own in the afternoon with the BBQ cooking food which i will buy in advance.

I will be asking members to pay towards the costs and reckon about £5 each should cover it, and have said all along that any surplus will be donated to the community so if anyone wants to donate more, either to help the community or pay a contribution towards the new nano urn than you will have an opportunity to do so on the day, when i will do the maths and hand over any surplus to Mick.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Mar 2011, 12:37 #134 

raistlin
Thanks Mick.

It's terrific to have a vote of confidence to the nanomeeters from one of the fora :)
Paul

Posted 02 Mar 2011, 13:08 #135 

Mick
(Site Admin)
No problem for us Paul and Rob, support for Community members is what we are about, moral or financial. It is after all your money that is sitting in the Communities bank account, we're not into profiteering, doesn't do much good piling up. Better to put it to good use and I can't think of a better use at the moment.

Posted 02 Mar 2011, 13:20 #136 

James.uk
Hopefully I will be bringing Colin and John.c with me so please add Colin to the list. :)

John.com. you have a PM. :) (I hope) :D

Posted 02 Mar 2011, 16:51 #137 

raistlin
James.uk wrote:Hopefully I will be bringing Colin and John.c with me so please add Colin to the list. :)...

Will do :)

EDIT: erm, he's already on the list James :confused:
Paul

Posted 02 Mar 2011, 16:54 #138 

James.uk
Thought reading too eh? lol..

Due to the distances involved.. Jordieland--M/cr--Wales--Midlands.. I will be about an hour late I'm afraid, My estmated arrival time at the meet is 11am.. Sorry about that... :roll:

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 18:24 #139 

JohnDotCom
Just have to use that loud pedal a bit more James. :D :gmc:
John

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 19:22 #140