Nano Meet New Venue June & July 2021 by Trebor (Page 1 of 2)

Trebor
I have been in touch with Keith who is secretary of Wyrley Rangers football club, it’s the football club next to our old location of Teddybears nursery for those that remember it, and located in Great Wyrley WS6.

He has agreed that we can meet there in June and July free of charge , it has to be those 2 months as the football club is used from end of July through to end of May each year and we can only be there on non football weekends

I am still talking to him and asking about use of toilets etc and although he has said we can have it free, I think a donation tin would be in order as his club run many football teams of all ages and include women’s football and walking football for older players and they are always community fund raising so every little helps as they say.

I need to find out the exact dates that we can have it in those 2 months and would suggest 2 two day meets , one in June and one in July with no camping as it would not be practical

We will also need to use the car park and land owned by the football club and not encroach onto Teddybears Nursery site which is owned by the council, although the awkward councillor we had run ins with before has now gone and may be facing legal action from the council for failing to observe financial regulations

Given the Covid situation we would not be able to meet in March as we usually do and it is doubtful if the Four Ashes will be open in time for any May meet so I think this gives us a suitable option and maybe the Four Ashes will reopen for our meets later in the year in September and October

The other positive is , if we behave ourselves at Wyrley Rangers in June and July and leave the place as we find it then I am sure Keith will let us use it each year in June and July, so it provides us with another suitable venue as an alternative to the Ashes.

I will post more to confirm use of toilets and come up with some dates as soon as I hear back from Keith , but hopefully good news for all Nano Meeters !

Pictures below of the venue and a few of when we last met there quite a few years ago

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Feb 2021, 22:46 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Rob.
As stated on the Nano forum some great news, and it would be a welcome relief from the situation we are all in now, lets hope by mid June we are able to met in small groups, even though we may still have to wear masks and keep a sensible distance when working on cars, also if T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) only the person who's car it is should be allowed in the T4 area no viewers.

looking forward to a couple of meets if we can get them in 2021 thanks for keeping a look out, the venue is a good one also as it is hard standing, toilets will be a bonus, and i can see no problem with a donation in my opinion, maybe even make it compulsory that each car must pay £2 or £3 for each day, tickets can be inserted into the front window after paying, any excess after the donation can be added to the Nano fund.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 03 Feb 2021, 10:17 #2 

Jürgen
Well done, Rob. As said on the Nano page, that's a very good option for the summer months. And if I remember correctly, there is plenty of room, so we don't have to abandon social distancing to stay on the safe side.

Posted 03 Feb 2021, 11:36 #3 

Bernard
Let's look on the positive side, by the time that June comes around, we should all have had our jabs and restrictions will be minor. Hopefully Germany will be well advanced too so that Jürgen has no excuse not to come over. :lol:

Posted 03 Feb 2021, 17:09 #4 

Bermudan 75
:iagree:

Might have my 75 back on the road by then.

Posted 03 Feb 2021, 17:33 #5 

Trebor
What’s wrong with your car Mike ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 04 Feb 2021, 17:38 #6 

Bermudan 75
Nothing serious Rob, just have lots of little jobs to do before it goes for a respray. Probably the biggest job was replacing the headlining, if you remember it was in a poor condition. The seats have been replaced with PPD ones. A heated windscreen has been fitted unfortunately this was after the replacement headlining.

The list of 52 jobs is now down to 32.

Posted 05 Feb 2021, 17:07 #7 

Trebor
Ok Mike I have lots to do on mine but mainly that will be thoroughly cleaning it inside and out and getting some new mats for it
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 05 Feb 2021, 20:06 #8 

Arctic
(Trader)
Well it looks like then first date the public might be able to meet in small numbers, is going to be 21st June, i have already told Rob i will not be attending, i hope the couple of meets you may get to have go well form you all Arctic. :cheers:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 22 Feb 2021, 18:50 #9 

Trebor
As we are still looking for a venue to hold our Midlands Nano Meets I have been in touch with Wyrley Rangers FC, it’s the football club next to our old Nano Meet Venue of Teddybears nursery for those that remember it, and located in Great Wyrley, Walsall WS6.

They have agreed that we can meet there free of charge , but the bad news is that where we had hoped to hold 3 meetings across June and July we can now only go ahead with one in July because football season is being extended by the FA and that leaves only a small window date wise for us to hold a meeting

The venue has therefore now been booked and confirmed for 1 weekend as follows:
Sat/Sun 24/25 July

Pictures of the venue in Long Lane are below, the lane is split between Wolverhampton and Walsall postcodes, the football club postcode is a Wolverhampton one WV11 2AA but this won’t take you directly to the club you will need to continue down the lane over the railway bridge and it is the 1st on the right through the steel gates (see map below)

This meet may well be the only one we hold in 2021 but we will continue to look elsewhere and should the Four Ashes re open later in the year then it may be possible to hold our September and October meets there.

I have put an attendance thread on the Nano website so if you intend coming please record your names, there is a link to the Nano website in my signature below and if you are not already registered on there it is simple and free.

It is essential that you record your name on the Nano website as although everyone is welcome and we do not usually turn anyone away this venue is smaller than the Four Ashes, so it is essential that we know who is coming and the numbers just in case we do have to restrict attendance as a last resort. It will only take a few minutes to record your names and it will mean we can make contact if we need to if there are any Covid restrictions still in place at the time, and will prevent anyone being turned away on the day which is not what we are about.
We are hopeful that as the meet is still 5 months away it will go ahead and won’t be banned under any Covid restrictions, but we will need to adhere to whatever may be in place at the time.
There will be no camping but if you are travelling a good distance and want to come for the weekend there are plenty of local reasonably priced hotels which will hopefully be open by then.

There will be nowhere on site to get any refreshments, there are some shops 5/10 minutes away, or just bring your own, but we will have the use of a toilet in the clubhouse.

The club are allowing us to use the venue for free, but they are always doing local fund raising for their numerous teams of all ages they run and they do a lot for the local community, and I will be collecting donations on each day so please give if you can , someone suggested maybe £2 per car/person minimum but that’s up to you.

We usually have at least 1 T4 at the meet and there will be plenty of experienced owners who can pass on advice and help.
Hopefully this is something to look forward to and we can once again meet in the sunshine for a catch up and some hands on work on our cars and if all goes well this may become a more regular venue for us

Pictures below of the venue and a few of when we last met there quite a few years ago

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 05 Mar 2021, 20:01 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
Nano forum is down anyone else found this ?
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 23 Mar 2021, 19:32 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Arctic wrote:Nano forum is down anyone else found this ?

Just a hiccup, nothing to be concerned about. Working fine now.

Posted 23 Mar 2021, 19:53 #12 

Trebor
Another lovely 2 days of Nano meeting ,all my pictures are now on the Nano forum via the links below.

Saturday 24 July:
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/f...hp?f=198&t=653

Sunday 25 July:
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/f...hp?f=198&t=655

Once again thanks to everyone who attended over the weekend and a special thanks to the Nano Crew for bringing their knowledge and equipment to the meet and of course passing on their knowledge and willingness to be hands on in helping others

The donation box had a grand total of £92.90 over the 2 days and I will be contacting Keith who is secretary of Wyrley Rangers and arranging to pay it into their club bank account over the next few days.

I will also tell him what a great time we had and ask him to pass our thanks on to the club committee who agreed to us using the venue and will sound him out re the chances of getting another slot. I will also keep my eye on the Four Ashes situation just in case it gets taken over yet again as it would be great to hold at least 1 more meet in 2021 if we can.

I wasn't aware that anyone is having trouble accessing the Nano website, and can only hope that they contact me if having issues or ask someone to contact me on their behalf and I can get it resolved with Mick who hosts the website for us
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 25 Jul 2021, 21:42 #13 

Arctic
(Trader)
Rob that would be good as a few asked why they could not get onto forum, Chris & Pam, Chris superchip, Ade, Geoff, and a few more that i can not recall
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Jul 2021, 23:23 #14 

Mick
(Site Admin)
All seems to be working properly from here. Might have been a network issue stopping access for some.

I'm away for the next few days without access to server, if there are any tech issues please contact Jürgen.

Posted 26 Jul 2021, 17:15 #15 

Trebor
Ok Mick noted thanks , all the best
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 26 Jul 2021, 20:08 #16 

takestock
Mick wrote: if there are any tech issues please contact Jürgen.

Can we still do that now we have left? :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Jul 2021, 08:10 #17 

Bernard
Might have to pay import duty.

Posted 30 Jul 2021, 16:22 #18 

Arctic
(Trader)
not via the dark web :-P
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 30 Jul 2021, 22:52 #19 

Trebor
Another date secured at Teddybears so next Nano is there on Sunday 3 October
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 18 Aug 2021, 14:54 #20