In my view... by raistlin

raistlin
... some people have more money than sense:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170666796293

That's the case, no guts, not even a PSU.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 18:51 #1 

Trebor
That's just plain stupid IMO, I would want all the gubbins for that plus a large screen monitor
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 18:56 #2 

SpongeBob
For that money I could have a fully working computer straight out of it's box. For a case alone that is just an unbelievably over-the-top sum :confused:

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 18:57 #3 

Mad-Monkey
The purchase history shows the previous ones sold at around £40.00 :confused:

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 19:14 #4 

Duncan
So it's out of stock and they can't be arsed removing the listing and replacing it when they have stock.

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 20:09 #5 

Tourerfogey
Exactly Duncan - It's normally a £40 Buy It Now and it's obviously out of stock so it takes just a couple a seconds to hike the price to a ridiculous level rather than go to the hassle of taking down the listing and putting it back up again later.

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 22:05 #6 

raistlin
fleabay seems to be infested with tosspots these days :(

Mind you, I think fleabay encourage some people with their restrictive practices and "anything to make money" attitude.

Just a thought though, doesn't the price affect how much the seller has to pay in fees?
Paul

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 22:15 #7 

Duncan
Not sure, as I've never sold anything. On an auction there is the final value which is affected by price. But maybe for a continouous listing it doesn't vary unless it sells. It is quite common now, or else there are some mega dreamers out there.

Still some bargains to be had if you look hard enough.

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 22:24 #8 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:Still some bargains to be had if you look hard enough.

Oh, I agree Duncan, but overall it isn't the honourable community it was when I first started over ten years ago :(

Back then, dodgy dealers were the exception and not the rule. By dodgy I don't just mean the out and out criminals but I also include those who sell by mis-direction and just on the periphery of legality.
Paul

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 22:32 #9 

Duncan
Agree completely. Examples: untested means tested and found faulty but I'm not going to admit that. Rare: not rare. Full working order means apart from the fault that only crops up intermittently. Spares or repair: reassembled from all of the non working bits I had.

And so on.

On the other hand, managed to get two nice honda GX240 engines with frames for generators. Includes 110v alternators. Only wanted them for spares for my genny, but paid less for two gennies than a spare crankshaft for my engine.

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 22:36 #10 

Tourerfogey
raistlin wrote:fleabay seems to be infested with tosspots these days :(

Mind you, I think fleabay encourage some people with their restrictive practices and "anything to make money" attitude.

Just a thought though, doesn't the price affect how much the seller has to pay in fees?

Hiking the price temporarily will not affect his costs - and looking at his volume of sales he should have top 'Powerseller' status and will get the best ebay 'fee deal' .

And yes, ebay these days is all about volume sellers banging out as much stuff as quickly as possible rather than the 'casual' seller.

Posted 22 Feb 2012, 13:49 #11 

geesmith
..but don't forget, the Griffin, as the symbol of power, strength and the pride of the heaven and earth is ready to win any battle for you and it is stuck on the side.

On top of that it has fans that work dilligently! I, for one, would love to witness these fans demonstrating their dilligence first hand.

Posted 27 Feb 2012, 15:24 #12 

PaulT
But some people never check anything such as look on the Internet for what items are selling for elsewhere.

These people also shop in supermarkets who use the ploy of hiking the cost of large packets of whatever so that the unit cost is higher than the unit cost of smaller items. These people use the principle that as it is larger the unit cost must be cheaper and the supermarket owners laugh all the way to the bank.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Feb 2012, 08:15 #13 

Dave Goody
I wish I'd seen this thread before, I just bought 2, had to sell the car :lol:

Posted 07 Mar 2012, 14:30 #14 

geesmith
What year was the car Dave? Sounds like a good deal...

Posted 07 Mar 2012, 15:50 #15 

kandyman
Dave Goody wrote:I wish I'd seen this thread before, I just bought 2, had to sell the car :lol:

Sounds like a good deal you got there ;)

Posted 08 Mar 2012, 18:18 #16