Please View this thread. by Cowley_MOA

Cowley_MOA
Please read the article and watch the video first.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cence.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4zKUNTYmuU

As some of you may know I go to the same college as Cassie did, and walk right past where it happened everyday. That particular morning I was 5 minutes ahead of the car, but got to see the aftermath later in the day. She died needlessly because of one mans selfishness in an accident that could have been easily avoided.

Signing the petition below takes less than a minute and could save the lives of countless people.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/21244

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 18:02 #1 

Last edited by Cowley_MOA on 14 Jan 2012, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Your link is foreshortened owing to being copied from a forum page.

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 18:06 #2 

JohnDotCom
Having problems:

Sorry...The page you have requested does not exist or is no longer available.
If you have typed the URL in by hand, please make sure you have entered it correctly, with no capital letters of spaces.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 18:17 #3 

Cowley_MOA
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 18:21 #4 

kandyman
Sad news,

Name has been added.

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 19:01 #5 

raistlin
Some of us have been campaigning for that for many years. The arrogance of old age :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 19:14 #6 

SpongeBob
In terms of legislation to govern situations such as the driver described in the article I think it's a poor oversight probably since motoring is a fairly recent addition in terms of law and order but it's certainly one that needs addressing.

Petition signed. :)

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 19:18 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
In full agreement, signed.

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 19:36 #8 

Tourerfogey
Signed without hesitation.

However, i do wonder whether he, and many like him, would have still continued to drive even had the police been able to ban him from doing so.

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 22:05 #9 

Cowley_MOA
Thanks guys. I think the proposed change would be a good first step. But the real change in my opinion needs to come from the statuary re-assessment of elderly peoples driving.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 22:27 #10 

JohnDotCom
Signed of course.
There is of course a law allowing the Police Officer to take driving licence and even have car removed "if in the Officers opinion if he did drive again and he/she was a danger to members of the public or anyone else (and himself/herself)"
Why wasn't this used? or are they not training Officers well enough nowadays?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Jan 2012, 13:15 #11 

podge
Singed and echo John's thoughts too.

Posted 15 Jan 2012, 16:20 #12 

SpongeBob
JohnDotCom wrote:Signed of course.
There is of course a law allowing the Police Officer to take driving licence and even have car removed "if in the Officers opinion if he did drive again and he/she was a danger to members of the public or anyone else (and himself/herself)"
Why wasn't this used? or are they not training Officers well enough nowadays?

I don't know about this one .... is it part of current legislation? I'll check when I'm at work in a bit :)

Posted 18 Jan 2012, 13:24 #13 

SpongeBob
Just an update, as far as a local officer is aware the only power police have is to report the driver to the DVLA with a case against the driver. The DVLA then can revoke the licence or at least revoke pending a retest.

Posted 18 Jan 2012, 19:12 #14