I REALLY don't understand these people by raistlin

raistlin
Sainsburys have just sent me a renewal quote for buildings and contents insurance. The best quote they could come up with was £375.

I went on their website and got a quote, with ever so slightly better terms, of £235. That is with additional Nectar points, money off at Sainsburys and various other incentives NOT available to those renewing their policy.

I phoned them to express surprise and was told to cancel my present policy as from renewal and to accept the on-line quote.

I still don't understand WHY?... but I'm not complaining :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Aug 2014, 16:51 #1 

Duncan
Currently their on line prices for new customers are pretty good. We changed to them last week, saving £100 over Endsleigh. I expect next year it will rocket and we will change again! One of the reasons we changed, last year, Endsleigh only gave us the renewal quote 7 days before expiry, presumably to leave us little time to loom around. We told them if they did it again, we would leave no matter what the price. Guess what happened this year......

Posted 01 Aug 2014, 19:46 #2 

PaulT
Yep, new customer first year discount and in the terms and conditions is a clause about automatic renewal so hoping for a little bit of apathy you automatically renew at some huge price.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Aug 2014, 21:47 #3 

raistlin
Please delete :)
Paul

Posted 01 Aug 2014, 21:53 #4 

Last edited by raistlin on 01 Aug 2014, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
PaulT wrote:hoping for a little bit of apathy

Not a snowball's chance in hell... I can't afford to be apathetic, I'm not an MP ;)
Paul

Posted 01 Aug 2014, 21:54 #5