Women - can you understand them? by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
My wife said she didn't feel like cooking so I suggested she had a salad. Now she's not talking to me - can you understand women :confused:

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 16:03 #1 

stevemac
Tourerfogey wrote:My wife said she didn't feel like cooking so I suggested she had a salad. Now she's not talking to me - can you understand women :confused:

Come on, get your wallet out you miserable old g*t. Poor woman :mrgreen:
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 16:56 #2 

MN190
Tourerfogey wrote:My wife said she didn't feel like cooking so I suggested she had a salad. Now she's not talking to me - can you understand women :confused:

How about a sandwich - She wouldn't need to chop / prepare as much :gmc:

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 17:28 #3 

Bernard

I gave up years ago. :(

Now I just do as I'm told.

And if you believe that.......... ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 18:14 #4 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:

I gave up years ago. :(

Now I just do as I'm told.

And if you believe that.......... ;)

NO :lol:

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 18:43 #5 

Pedro
TF, when they say they don't want to cook, it really means they want a bucket of KFC and some cold beers. :mrgreen:
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 18:54 #6 

RRobson
to a degree, yes. all you need to do is follow these few simple rules:

-yes means no
-no means absolutly no
-im fine means theres something up (and its probably your fault)
-IM FINE!!! means theres something up (and its definitly your fault)
-OF COURSE THERES SOMETHING UP!!!! means dont even go there, and give a very wide berth for the next few days, possibly weeks (and its still probably your fault)
-and they are always right, even when they're right

dont think theres much more to it :confused:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 21:21 #7 

Chartermark
I don't think women have brains, as we recognise them - just organic Hadron Colliders!

Posted 28 Sep 2010, 02:17 #8 

Last edited by Chartermark on 28 Sep 2010, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

Bernard
Chartermark wrote:OI don't think women have brains, as we recognise them - just organic Hadron Colliders!

They certainly work in a strange way, women certainly cannot grasp the fundamental principle of a thermostat, for example. This realisation is not only from my own limited experience, you understand, but from conversations with friends about their wives. ;)

Most women truly believe that an appliance, such as an iron. will heat up quicker if the thermostatic control is turned higher to start. (I have realised at this point that some members will have to ask for help to identify an iron and its purpose :gmc: )

Posted 28 Sep 2010, 09:11 #9 

Duncan
Bernard wrote:Most women truly believe that an appliance, such as an iron. will heat up quicker if the thermostatic control is turned higher to start. (I have realised at this point that some members will have to ask for help to identify an iron and its purpose :gmc: )

Unfortunately there are a lot of people in general that believe that kind of thing. Not gender specific I'm afraid.

Regarding an iRon. I believe it is some kind of portable device. There's a family of them, and they tend to be all white, with a round control to operate it. For example, there's one called a iPod which plays music, and an iPhone that is, well a phone. Still no idea what an iRon actually does.

Posted 28 Sep 2010, 12:17 #10 

Chartermark
I think - not sure you can connect them to the grid, and download heat

Some providers offer 500 kw a month free so I've heard ...

Posted 28 Sep 2010, 13:46 #11 

SpongeBob
Didn't they do "IC" and "Y" versions too? :gmc:

Posted 28 Sep 2010, 19:42 #12 

Bernard
SpongeBob wrote:Didn't they do "IC" and "Y" versions too? :gmc:

Oh dear! Where are the groan smilies?

Posted 28 Sep 2010, 20:28 #13 

Stelad

You should have gone for the Pot Noodle option. :D

Posted 01 Oct 2010, 11:57 #14 

goodlittlewifey
I cant be bothered to cook, means either the man is either going to the take away for tea, or getting changed out of his oily clothes and taking his wife out for a lovely meal

Posted 01 Oct 2010, 14:26 #15 

Duncan
goodlittlewifey wrote:I cant be bothered to cook, means either the man is either going to the take away for tea, or getting changed out of his oily clothes and taking his wife out for a lovely meal

Or finishing work on the car early, and starting cooking. ;)

Posted 01 Oct 2010, 18:29 #16 

Bermudan 75
How is it women claim that they can multitask, but you give them a set of plates and some cutlery to place in a dishwasher...........

How do they manage to use up all of the space with only a quarter of the dishwashers capacity?

She probably killed off my dryer as well................ :stirer:

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 19:16 #17