I fail to understand. by raistlin

raistlin
I was watching a recorded TV programme this evening, in which a lively, sparky young woman, who was close to completing her training and becoming a qualified motor mechanic was told by the DWP that if she continued on the training course instead of "actively seeking employment" she would lose her benefits.

Result? loss of a motor mechanic and another person forced into reliance on the state.

Did I misunderstand? Or is this the way our administration is saving the tax payer's money and encouraging people to work rather than live on benefits?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 29 Dec 2013, 22:40 #1 

MrDoodles
raistlin wrote:I was watching a recorded TV programme this evening, in which a lively, sparky young woman, who was close to completing her training and becoming a qualified motor mechanic was told by the DWP that if she continued on the training course instead of "actively seeking employment" she would lose her benefits.

Result? loss of a motor mechanic and another person forced into reliance on the state.

Did I misunderstand? Or is this the way our administration is saving the tax payer's money and encouraging people to work rather than live on benefits?

Complete and utter madness! :evil:

Sadly any "Common Sense" has now been replaced by more reliance on "Political Correctness" and "Diversification" :(

The people who run these Departments need a kick up the backside and need to worry more about using common sense! :evil:

Sadly, unless there's a major sea change in Government (unlikely) decisions like this will continue, as the Employment Advisor is simply following a set of guidelines, that has no flexibility or common sense attached to it! :(

Posted 30 Dec 2013, 08:46 #2 

Borg Warner
What was the programme Paul? Just thinking that the media love to give their version of a story without providing the full facts; been involved with a victim of media hype and dramatization ourselves very recently????

Gary M.

Posted 30 Dec 2013, 11:52 #3