Christmas, what's missing? Oh there it is, Redundancy Notice by takestock (Page 1 of 2)

takestock
Is that the sixth year running now? I have got to the state when I just don't care any more, what will be will be I suppose. I don't think I have worked as hard as I am now with long hours for years and years :( :( :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 Dec 2013, 18:04 #1 

podge
Comiserations Dave,I was in the same position but only once thankfully but 6 times............thats more than bad luck.Why do these people do this just before Christmas.

Posted 10 Dec 2013, 18:48 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Absolutely sick making. How do they figure their top people will respond to this sort of treatment? Makes no sense to me. :(

Posted 10 Dec 2013, 19:07 #3 

raistlin
I really don't know how you can stand what amounts, in my view, to a course of harassment Dave :(

So sorry to hear it. Nowt like being kicked when you're down is there?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Dec 2013, 19:48 #4 

Trebor
I am sure it happens to others too Dave, but it always seems to be the good guys ! That you have become hardened to it speaks volumes of the employer I suppose.

I remember Wollleysox telling me that the boss of the company he worked for turned up for work in his new Ferrari, and the same day made people redundant, just remember we are all in this together !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Dec 2013, 19:58 #5 

Last edited by Trebor on 11 Dec 2013, 17:00, edited 2 times in total.

Roverite
You have my sympathy too. I had four redundancies, some of which turned out for the better, but as I got older, they had a greater impact on my confidence. What people don't realise is that most of us only get 'Statutory Redundancy' payment, which is a fraction of the union negotiated deals you read about, and bears no resemblance at all to the 'pay-offs' useless top management receives.

Management today has no concept of 'man management', and little idea of what they are managing. At one time the boss knew that their good fortune relies on those below, that are delivering the service. Today, you are a potentially dispensable on-cost.

Roverite.

Posted 11 Dec 2013, 14:01 #6 

Bolin
Sorry to hear that Dave :(

Posted 11 Dec 2013, 16:28 #7 

JohnDotCom
Oh dear not again Dave, very sorry to hear this news at Christmas. Try to enjoy yourselves over the "season of goodwill to all men". :evil:
Know how you feel. I have lost my job on Medical grounds and told I won't work again, and had my licence taken away too. Bugger it! :hissyfit:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Dec 2013, 12:07 #8 

woolleysox
Bad news Dave at any time of the year don't let the buzcocks get down just keep on trucking. Hope you can still make the best of the break and start again after Christmas

best wishes to you both looking forward to seeing you in the new year.

Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 15 Dec 2013, 17:21 #9 

Bermudan 75
Hi Dave, sue the so and so's for constructive dismissal......6 redundancy notices in as many years?????

Is your employer about to employ hordes of Romanian gas engineers in the new year on the minimum wage or even on a self employed basis?

Hope you beat 'em Dave.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 22 Dec 2013, 18:12 #10 

Borg Warner
That is just unbelievable Dave.

Can't you tell 'em to stick it? But guess that is what they want!!

Try and put it to the back of your mind over the next couple of weeks - difficult I know.

Best regards

Gary M

Posted 22 Dec 2013, 22:32 #11 

Gate Keeper
It was a few months ago Dave that you were having to go through a selection for your job and you got it, if I remember right. Now this to happen at Christmas is the pits! I think it is all wrong picking on those with the most experience, whilst employing the less experienced and lower grades saves them money. I seen these tactics used in the NHS.

Commiserations and that something will turn up soon. I had a serious accident and was off work for 2 years with DLA etc, and with rehab my confidence returned. A job came up and I took it. It was low pay and part time, but did prove to be a stepping stone to something better. I hope something similar comes your way. Chin up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the best

Phil

Posted 26 Dec 2013, 07:29 #12 

woolleysox
Not the answer but its states clearly what we all feel.

http://www.buggerthebankers.com/

Hope all goes well for you now I n a new year.

Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 07 Jan 2014, 10:50 #13 

takestock
Just an update, the new structure has been unveiled for what is called a legacy team ( to provide aftercare for all the installations we have completed). All positions have names in apart from my bosses job and his bosses job. There is no role for me as an inspector. So sod it....... I've applied for them both :D :D :D. Had an interview today for the posts, lets see how they handle my " this is what you need to do" attitude, I suppose I went in there not really caring if I get a job or not and not over bothered what they think of me afterwards, but at least it gave me a chance to tell them where i think it falls down :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 28 Apr 2014, 17:51 #14 

Last edited by takestock on 28 Apr 2014, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
Good luck. It has been known for things like this to upset the intended order, and you might actually get the job.

Posted 28 Apr 2014, 17:56 #15 

raistlin
Sometimes that's just the attitude needed Dave.

I remember when I thought I'd failed my driving test. I gave up trying to impress the examiner and just concentrated on finishing in one piece.

I passed :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 28 Apr 2014, 18:32 #16 

PaulT
At this moment in time that are probably doing a very detailed assessment of who should get the job, probably along the line of 'who do we have to pay the least redundancy to'.

Very unfair treatment of you Dave.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Apr 2014, 19:59 #17 

Gate Keeper
takestock wrote:Just an update, the new structure has been unveiled for what is called a legacy team ( to provide aftercare for all the installations we have completed). All positions have names in apart from my bosses job and his bosses job. There is no role for me as an inspector. So sod it....... I've applied for them both :D :D :D. Had an interview today for the posts, lets see how they handle my " this is what you need to do" attitude, I suppose I went in there not really caring if I get a job or not and not over bothered what they think of me afterwards, but at least it gave me a chance to tell them where i think it falls down :D

Had I been interviewing you Dave, I would have taken your comments as being helpful. A skilled communicator with a sense of humour and personality is always a bonus in my book :) Maybe you were asked on how things could be improved. If you were interviewed by several, it is usual for the panel to make a decision based on the majority vote on how you did, what you had to say :) and who ever was batting for you behind the scenes, is of course unknown.

I hope that they pick you Dave. It has been raised that they will be looking at where money can be saved. Fair comment as that is how things are. I have another take on that. One hopes they have the foresight in having you there to help bring in change, save money, improve performance and quality. You did tell them! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the best

Phil

Posted 29 Apr 2014, 08:35 #18 

takestock
Unbelievable, seemingly I am " a breath of fresh air" confident, outspoken with a sound and proven background in my field. :confused:

I have just been offered my bosses, bosses job, hefty pay increase and company car. I have long since given up trying to make sense of this establishments business brain or train of thought.

So, Not long to Christmas and my next redundancy notice :D Bring it on. May have a beer or two tonight even though it is a school night :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Apr 2014, 14:11 #19 

Bernard
Who went to the interview for you? :gmc:

Seriously, Dave, well done. They have seen some sense at last. It's not easy being in charge of employees but I'm sure that you will take it in your stride.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 30 Apr 2014, 14:30 #20