Redundancy, done up like a kipper.........Again by takestock

takestock
Further to my redundancy notification we all received communication that enhanced VR packages were on offer, in short, five weeks pay for every year we have been employed by the company and full market value of any shares we may have in the company, all tax free.

Now the majority of people on the surveying team have only been employed by the company for under 2 years so no big payouts really. Now me, well i have continuity of employment from a previous TUPE agreement giving me 9 yr continuous service. Furthermore i currently own around £2.5k in shares. Having taken all this into account i have requested a VR figure.

Reply from HR says the VR offer is not for my department but I am requested to stay on to clear the backlog of work until the 31st March If then I am made redundant by compulsory requirement, as a good will gesture I will be entitled to an extra...........4 weeks pay. (confirmed in writing today)

Furious doesn't come close, it's a lot of money......to anyone :evil:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 18:52 #1 

JohnDotCom
They always find the cheapest option Dave.
Very sorry to hear this news and there will be many more.
Can't you make the remaining work last around five years now? :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 19:01 #2 

raistlin
Dammit Dave, they're just kicking you while you're down :evil:

Surely something must come up soon for an engineer of your calibre?

It's a pity your skills didn't lie elsewhere. We're in the process of taking on some new lecturers at the moment. Only 40k but better than nowt :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 19:57 #3 

Jürgen
Sorry to hear this, Dave. :(
That is quite a pathetic behaviour, treating long term employees like that. :evil:

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 20:03 #4 

takestock
raistlin wrote:Dammit Dave, they're just kicking you while you're down :evil:

Surely something must come up soon for an engineer of your calibre?

It's a pity your skills didn't lie elsewhere. We're in the process of taking on some new lecturers at the moment. Only 40k but better than nowt :(

I just have to smile at it all now Paul, cannot do much about it either, I suppose it's a little longer employment wise but in reality within the gas industry I cannot even go looking for emplyment yet,
I mean:
"when can you start?"
"Well possibly 1st April but maybe not".
Now where's the scotch :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 20:06 #5 

starbug2
i do hope you get some certainty to your job future or at least a very good pay out

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 20:34 #6 

starbug2
Jürgen wrote:Sorry to hear this, Dave. :(
That is quite a pathetic behaviour, treating long term employees like that. :evil:

i've been at my place about 17 years and they more often than not they treat you like mindless robots and if you don't like it ... bye which at times is so temping of late :gmc: takestock is not alone in being not well treated in Britain . i hope it is better in Germany.

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 20:52 #7 

MN190
takestock wrote:Further to my redundancy notification we all received communication that enhanced VR packages were on offer, in short, five weeks pay for every year we have been employed by the company and full market value of any shares we may have in the company, all tax free.

Now the majority of people on the surveying team have only been employed by the company for under 2 years so no big payouts really. Now me, well i have continuity of employment from a previous TUPE agreement giving me 9 yr continuous service. Furthermore i currently own around £2.5k in shares. Having taken all this into account i have requested a VR figure.

Reply from HR says the VR offer is not for my department but I am requested to stay on to clear the backlog of work until the 31st March If then I am made redundant by compulsory requirement, as a good will gesture I will be entitled to an extra...........4 weeks pay. (confirmed in writing today)

Furious doesn't come close, it's a lot of money......to anyone :evil:

Is it worth getting a copy of the package and checking with someone up to speed on employment law?
If being made redundant then they may be under a legal obligation to offer the same package to all employees

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 22:47 #8 

James.uk
:iagree: get a copy of the agreement and get some legal wally (erm gentleman) to look at it for you, at least you will know where you stand.. :)

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 15:04 #9