Chinese Advice by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
Evening all,

Had a lovely gathering with Zeb, Martin & Shane today (pictures and report to follow) Martin has kindly supplied me with his spare Double DIN

Just installing one of these Chinese Double DIN things- great piece of kit, HOWEVER........

It likes my wipers - on turning the ignition off, my wipers cycle

and

it's not storing radio station frequencies.......

I understand small, but the wipers thing is a little worrying - is it just my car?

Also, steering controls don't work on this unit either, but then again they never have

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 18:37 #1 

takestock
Seem to remember this was a sign of the permanent live and the ign live to the unit being connected the wrong way around Jake. It would certainly account for the loss of preset stations
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 18:43 #2 

Martin
By gum got her in already :thumbsup: Poor Zeb,s air con has packed up and my sat nav failed at the end of your drive I Wonder why :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

Had a cracking day and felt most welcome thank your parents for me but now's the time to have that :cheers:

Good luck with it

Martin

Time for :bed:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 19:15 #3 

JakeWilson
In a huff, unable to stop windows going - picks up box and there is cable,

plugs it in - it works! :-D

Listens to a little Heaven 17 in glorious double din

Goes in

Happy ZT-T Owner once again! :D

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 20:24 #4 

Martin
Great listened to electronic 80's and the best of Big Country on the way back now slightly deaf :clap: Ok It's got to be time for the :cheers: Now

search out the hand book for you now you've got it going :mrgreen:

See you soon

Martin
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 20:33 #5 

JakeWilson
Martin wrote:Great listened to electronic 80's and the best of Big Country on the way back now slightly deaf :clap: Ok It's got to be time for the :cheers: Now

search out the hand book for you now you've got it going :mrgreen:

See you soon

Martin

Evening Martin,

Definitely time for the :cheers: :cheers: now! :-)

Oh, there was an electronic 80's disc in the head unit - shall pop it in the post for you!

Looking forward to getting some good tunes and an empty highway!

Hope to see you soon too!

Jake

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 20:42 #6