2 DIN Chinese Head Unit with DVD GPS Etc by RadioGuy

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Hi All, Nice Format !
I just wanted to open a post for any of you who are here , purchased these Head Units and may need help, advice or have a problem.
Was not even aware of the split, I live in a Small world on I.C.E. Sections .
I am here if you need me.

Sean
AKA RadioGuy

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 23:07 #1 

CDTi
You sound vaguely familiar :D
:ireland:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 23:11 #2 

Bernard
Let us hope that we don't have so many posts over here!

My head hurts trying to read through them all and understand what I've got to do to install the unit in place of my Hi-line. :hissyfit:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 23:37 #3 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
CDTi wrote:You sound vaguely familiar :D

Maybe "TOM CRUISE" Will ring a Bell ?

Wow you are quick on the draw !

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 23:43 #4 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Bernard wrote:Let us hope that we don't have so many posts over here!

My head hurts trying to read through them all and understand what I've got to do to install the unit in place of my Hi-line. :hissyfit:

4 Posts in 5 Minutes? I think we may have a Similar situation !

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 23:43 #5 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Hello
In Order to alleviate confusion and simplify the process, we have modified our Website to allow for simple ordering of the MG/ROVER Head Units and accessories. We have included a 13% off Coupon for the first 15 units. This is 13% off of our Website price of $US599.00 Making the purchase price US$521.13 All included (Except Camera and Freeview, DIGITAL TV). The reason for the slightly higher price is that the Price of $516.00 was via Credit card but with this you can pay with Paypal. You cannot order the Cameras and Freeview Receivers and receive this discount, we can deal with that later, via Either Credit card or Paypal as Add on's when it is closer to shipping time. Soon we will also Offer the LED (Light Emitting Diode) Rear View Lights and will be able to combine Shipping to save money if you want the Head Unit and the LED Taillights.

Link to the MG Head Unit on the website
http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=48&product_id=72

We are attempting to get the Royaltek Chips which may add a small cost later to add TMC. PhoneBooks are a NO GO.

Delivery to us is about 15 business days according to the factory (With RDS)
This is what we did successfully in April of this year to get these. The factory will only produce the RDS models with orders of 50 or more. We have purchased all units available from our competitors to fill previous orders.

Confusing?

ASk away !

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 18:28 #6 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
We have received Confirmation today that we can now Offer the TMC Via the Royaltek Chip. We insisted that this new order for 50 Units include the Royaltek Chip.

Delivery time has been boosted to 20 Business Days to accommodate.

The Additional cost is small but there is one. I am still waiting for Confirmation.

All of the 50 Units that we recently ordered will have TMC and RDS. (No Analog TV)

If you have been delaying due to the TMC , Now is the time ! I will be changing the websites in the next 24 hours.

Sean

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 13:54 #7 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Hi

Okay the TMC Is Confirmed, and further to that the new Batch will also have Functioning IPOD Chargers.

So that is RDS, TMC and IPOD Chargers !

Ready For Orders !

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 04:58 #8 

Bernard
Well, I've received mine and am tackling the fitting with my well known normal frantic lethargy. :em:

I have unpacked it at least and read the manual and the postings, only fell asleep twice.

I must say that it looks a very well built unit. :thumbsup:

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 14:46 #9 

Bernard
Bernard wrote:Well, I've received mine and am tackling the fitting with my well known normal frantic lethargy. :em:

I have unpacked it at least and read the manual and the postings, only fell asleep twice.

I must say that it looks a very well built unit. :thumbsup:

I've done most of the job today, just got the aerial to bring from the boot. This unit is replacing the Hi-Line in the MK2 V8.

It all seems to work absolutely fine except that I haven't tested the radio yet, obviously.

It actually fits better than the original unit once I'd moved a couple of thngs out of the way and dug out the buried connectors.

The sound quality is a somewhat better than the original, but listening to the sound wasn't a priority today. It really needs better speakers all round I think.

I'm well pleased with it, so far at least, not least because it took me about 30 seconds to pair it to my BlackBerry for hands free use! :clap:

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 15:50 #10 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Hi All

Well, I have been proven WRONG. But in a good way. Tony_Fry today installed a unit with the DVB-T (freeview) receiver and informs me that the DAB radio works well also with it. I previously had said it would not work. Today he informed me that when they tested with the TV/RADIO button on the remote they received lots of DAB Channels. He cautioned me also that this will be signal dependent. So I guess that if you are currently receiving strong DAB Signals then the DVB-T receiver will access them as well !

Thanks a Million Tony, You are worth your weight in gold !

Posted 31 Jul 2010, 15:11 #11 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Many of you have sung the praises of Tony's SD Cards with the Nav Program and the POI's and Speed Cams with the most updated maps. Today Tony and I spoke and we both felt that it would be a good idea to provide HIS maps and his POI's etc directly from the factory. For those that are interested of course.

Currently the 4 GB SD Cards are about 12£ including postage and 18£ including postage for the 8 GB Cards.

We will be offering them for 10£ and 15£ respectively which is a savings for you, easier for Tony and allows me to add the features to my offerings.

So in the interests of all involved, we can now offer these cards to be shipped with any new units ordered. If you are ordering for an existing unit, best to contact Tony directly.

For those of you with booked orders, I will place it on the website in a manner that you can pay the additional to have it included with your units.

Thanks again Tony !

Posted 31 Jul 2010, 15:19 #12 

tcfuk
Ok, for those that have been waiting to order the "new" TMC/RDS units, you will be happy to know, that after two days of testing, I have very happy to report that everything is working great on the TMC side of things, below are some pictures I took on the way home last night.

Traffic along my route

As you can see from below, it shows the incident or accident.

Now showing traffic around me, you see there is 29 pages of them (look in the right top side of the screen you will see 1 of 29).

In addition the factory have now changed the Music format on the left SD card, which looks 100% better, its no longer that bright white background.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

If you have been waiting to order, go for it now, its 100% better with the TMC, hopefully it will now get me around a lot quicker, getting around all those traffic jams

Posted 02 Sep 2010, 12:24 #13 

Bernard
I don't suppose that the SD card music screen is possible to load on the earlier unit?
It looks a lot better.

Posted 02 Sep 2010, 14:12 #14 

rayleon1
Tcfuk, can you help? i bought one of these unit from a seller on ebay, it looks excellent and was looking forward to fitting it, what i didn't realise was that my ZT with the highline unit has a different loom and plugs, the ebay auction said fits ZT 1999 to 2005, it obviously doesn't fit all, ebay told me to send it back for a refund but the postage £70 is my cost, told them to stick it and closed my account in a moment of anger, now i'm stuck with it. I still would like to fit it but need advice on how to work round the loom/plug issue, any thoughts?

cheers
Ray.

Posted 01 Feb 2011, 22:20 #15 

CDTi
rayleon1 wrote:Tcfuk, can you help? i bought one of these unit from a seller on ebay, it looks excellent and was looking forward to fitting it, what i didn't realise was that my ZT with the highline unit has a different loom and plugs, the ebay auction said fits ZT 1999 to 2005, it obviously doesn't fit all, ebay told me to send it back for a refund but the postage £70 is my cost, told them to stick it and closed my account in a moment of anger, now i'm stuck with it. I still would like to fit it but need advice on how to work round the loom/plug issue, any thoughts?

cheers
Ray.
Sounds like you have a BMW loom. All you need is a BMW to ISO adapter.

Take some pics of the rear of the unit and the connector in your car and post them here just to confirm.
:ireland:

Posted 02 Feb 2011, 14:08 #16 

rayleon1
Hi, i took the ashtray unit out and found the original plugs, the high-line unit has a loom extention, unit now working, had to pull the arial cable for the radio from the boot (ZT-T ESTATE) through the headlining toward the front pillar, didn't quite reach so had to put an extender cable on it. Have an issue with the TV arial cables though, they are too short too so need to extend them, i need to look into this. Thanks for replying.

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 22:14 #17 

Dallas
tcfuk wrote:Ok, for those that have been waiting to order the "new" TMC/RDS units, you will be happy to know, that after two days of testing, I have very happy to report that everything is working great on the TMC side of things, below are some pictures I took on the way home last night.

Traffic along my route

As you can see from below, it shows the incident or accident.

Now showing traffic around me, you see there is 29 pages of them (look in the right top side of the screen you will see 1 of 29).

In addition the factory have now changed the Music format on the left SD card, which looks 100% better, its no longer that bright white background.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

If you have been waiting to order, go for it now, its 100% better with the TMC, hopefully it will now get me around a lot quicker, getting around all those traffic jams

Hey! tcfuk that Skin you are using looks like the iGo8 GJ6.1p (DVS1&gurjon) Skin format, do you have the 200+ car icons in your garage for selection................

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 22:29 #18