Beware HGVs doing U turns on the M6 by PaulT

PaulT
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Nov 2014, 19:09 #1 

roughyed
that's a big problem know with employing eastern European drivers overhere it looke'd like a left hand drive as well.

Posted 28 Nov 2014, 17:23 #2 

Duncan
roughyed wrote:that's a big problem know with employing eastern European drivers overhere it looke'd like a left hand drive as well.

What's Eastern European got to do with it? Yes that might be where this particular driver comes from, but where is you evidence, rather than bias, that Eastern European truck drivers are a significant problem, over and above any other truck drivers?

Posted 28 Nov 2014, 17:41 #3 

MrDoodles
Duncan wrote:
roughyed wrote:that's a big problem know with employing eastern European drivers overhere it looke'd like a left hand drive as well.

What's Eastern European got to do with it? Yes that might be where this particular driver comes from, but where is you evidence, rather than bias, that Eastern European truck drivers are a significant problem, over and above any other truck drivers?

When you've been side-swiped off a Motorway by a Foreign Truck and ended up with a written off car and concussion, you may have a different opinion!.....

Posted 30 Nov 2014, 12:31 #4 

raistlin
MrDoodles wrote:you may have a different opinion!.....

No, I don't think so. I tend to make decisions based upon evidence in individual cases and don't extrapolate individual events into generalisations to suit my political agenda.

Oh, and I also have the benefit of lots and lots of experience and statisitical data regarding motoring offences :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Nov 2014, 14:57 #5 

PaulT
MrDoodles wrote:
Duncan wrote:

When you've been side-swiped off a Motorway by a Foreign Truck and ended up with a written off car and concussion, you may have a different opinion!.....

From the above statement can I therefore assume that UK truck drivers do not cause accidents
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Nov 2014, 15:02 #6 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:
MrDoodles wrote:
Duncan wrote:

From the above statement can I therefore assume that UK truck drivers do not cause accidents

That's silly ;) But it is an accepted fact that only foreign trucks target poor old Mark ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Nov 2014, 15:04 #7 

Duncan
MrDoodles wrote:
Duncan wrote:

I've been lucky (or careful) and so far have avoided it. I could understand if the post had been about left hand drive trucks, because of visibility, but it was specifically targeted at Eastern Europeans which is nonsense. What evidence is there that they are any different to say, Spanish drivers, or Danes? And what about UK trucks driving in Europe?

In my experience there are more aggressive, careless right hand drive HGV drivers than LHD ones in the UK, but that could just be because there are more of them altogether.

Like in any walk of life, there are good and bad, but the worst are the hypocrites. A couple of weeks back, I was being driven back from the airport and we were nearly taken out by a small tipper (transit size) wandering out of their lane on the M1. The driver of the car I was in got really stroppy about it. A short time later, we passed the tipper, and I could see the driver was still busy looking down, texting, probably why he nearly took us out. Now at the start of my journey, I'd had to tell the driver not to text, and bearing in mind driving is his job, you would have thought he knew better.

Posted 30 Nov 2014, 15:54 #8