Beware cheap flights. by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
I know I have spoken to some members in the past and been frequently asked about who to go to for cheap flights.
Can I just suggest it is worth paying the small extra amount sometimes to a established Company.
Over the last two years six (UK) airlines have gone bust with many people stall awaiting refunds.
I did warn at the time of this happening and unfortunately came true in each case.
Two more UK companies in the Travel Industry/airlines are expected to cease trading this year or early next year.
Although the CAA etc know of these they cannot be named until it happens. Madness. :em:

Be careful out there and have a great time where ever you are going. :D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 24 Aug 2010, 20:46 #1 

zojosc
JohnDotCom wrote:
Be careful out there and have a great time where ever you are going. :D

My holiday this year is for a long folk festival weekend at Pontins in Skegness in December :em: so this hardly applies but thanks for your well wishes John.
:)
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 24 Aug 2010, 21:17 #2 

JohnDotCom
Your be able to call in on Zeb and see his great V8 as not far from him. ;)
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 24 Aug 2010, 21:19 #3 

zojosc
Zeb, Sandi Thom and a V8 all in one weekend! now that is some holiday.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 24 Aug 2010, 21:23 #4 

Zeb
zojosc wrote:Zeb, Sandi Thom and a V8 all in one weekend! now that is some holiday.

You'd be welcome to drop by.... :)

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 12:50 #5 

zojosc
Zeb wrote:
zojosc wrote:Zeb, Sandi Thom and a V8 all in one weekend! now that is some holiday.

A very kind offer, thankyou. Will be in touch closer the time.......nearly Xmas time!!!!! :roll:
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 13:07 #6 

Zeb
zojosc wrote:
Zeb wrote:

A very kind offer, thankyou. Will be in touch closer the time.......nearly Xmas time!!!!! :roll:

You can bring Sandi with you if you like.. :D

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 13:19 #7 

JakeWilson
Zeb wrote:
zojosc wrote:
Zeb wrote:

You can bring Sandi with you if you like.. :D

And if she has a sister....

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 14:20 #8 

Bermudan 75
These overseas trips in flash 747s and Airbuses are over-rated, took my missus for a flight over Sheffield in a DeHavilland Rapide the other year.

She now does not want to go in the air again, result !!!!!!

Cheers

Mike

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 16:40 #9 

JohnDotCom
Rover418275 wrote:These overseas trips in flash 747s and Airbuses are over-rated, took my missus for a flight over Sheffield in a DeHavilland Rapide the other year.

Cheers

Mike

That's one way to do it. :)
Helicopters have the same effect on some to.
John

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 20:51 #10 

PaulT
JohnDotCom wrote:
Rover418275 wrote:These overseas trips in flash 747s and Airbuses are over-rated, took my missus for a flight over Sheffield in a DeHavilland Rapide the other year.

Cheers

Mike

That's one way to do it. :)
Helicopters have the same effect on some to.

A few years back we were in Oz and took a boat trip out to a pontoon on the reef (this was in a small boat run by a marine biologist - there was another large boat going out that seemed to be a lager louts special). There was a helicopter operating from the pontoon giving flights to see the reef from the air. So off we went. Yves face was a picture as we went up and she realised the sides were open!

Still, some amazing views.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 29 Aug 2010, 04:02 #11