Yodel delivery service - what a shambles by carlpenn

carlpenn
We are expecting delivery of our new Mobile Phones from Virgin, we ordered them Wednesday and Delivery was due yesterday.

The Delivery Company Yodel claim to have attempted Delivery on two occasions on the same afternoon and on both occasions left a Card. On both occasions that he claimed to "attempt delivery" myself or Tina was at Home. So Tina called them, after a 40 Minute wait she got through to somebody who then passed her the Mobile number of the Delivery Agent.

The Delivery Agent, who was rude and unpleasant to Tina, stated he didn't leave a Card or even get as far as coming up the Driveway. He claimed he couldn't scan the parcel so didn't bother Delivering it.

They have now sent the Parcel back to Virgin claiming "Consignee could not be reached".......

Absolutely disgraceful service. Avoid them like the Plague.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 14 Jul 2012, 09:30 #1 

raistlin
Yodel and Hermes are full of stunts. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole but unfortunately, they are (for obvious reasons) the cheapest and that's what people look for :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 Jul 2012, 09:33 #2 

carlpenn
raistlin wrote:Yodel and Hermes are full of stunts. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole but unfortunately, they are (for obvious reasons) the cheapest and that's what people look for :(

It would seem that way Paul.

I have just spoken to Virgin who, as always, provide top customer service. They are chasing the Delivery company to find out what they are playing at. We have been with Virgin for almost 3 years and this, I must admit, is the first problem we have had with them. Granted it isn't Virgins fault too :)
Upgrades:

Posted 14 Jul 2012, 09:50 #3 

Bernard
Having had a recent problem with a Yodel delivery, I did a swift googling and found that they are the worst rated of all delivery providers on a comparison site.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 14 Jul 2012, 09:58 #4 

carlpenn
Bernard wrote:Having had a recent problem with a Yodel delivery, I did a swift googling and found that they are the worst rated of all delivery providers on a comparison site.

That wouldn't surprise me.

Virgin have just called me back, within the timeframe promised, they have told me that the Phones will be delivered this afternoon between 1 and 1.30 Pm. So fingers crossed.

Apparently, Yodel claim, the PDA the Delivery man was using has broken and he was unable to deliver any parcels yesterday afternoon. This however is not what they told Tina, had they done so, should this have been the reason, we may have been more understanding. We all know Technology can fail. But, due to the misinformation for want of a better word, we had been left in the dark so to speak and that isn't a good thing when expecting a delivery of expensive items.

Anyway, a big thumbs up to Virgin and hopefully our Phones will be here as promised :)
Upgrades:

Posted 14 Jul 2012, 10:41 #5 

Bernard
In our case, a parcel turned up unexpectedly on a Friday while I was out for a short time. My wife could not get to the door quickly enough. The driver left a card with details of website and how to tell them which day to call again and also an email address for correspondence.

Well, I asked for the parcel to be delivered the next Tuesday as I knew I had to go out for an hour on Monday and also sent an email asking what they suggested when someone disabled cannot get to the door quickly. So no surprise really when they delivered on the Monday, you've guessed it, during the hour that I was out and of course, no reply to my email. :roll:

We don't have issues with other delivery companies and we have had a lot delivered in the last year as almost everything that I've bought for the house renovation has been from the internet, even wallpaper. Also loads of stuff for the cars. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 14 Jul 2012, 11:21 #6 

Duncan
I agree with all that has been said. Hermes are my particular worst out of the two, unhepful, rude and liars. We were having something delivered. They claim to have tried three times, thos three times being Monday and Tuesday leaving only the two cards. The contact details were completely blank, so I used the online 'chat' on their website where you type in your question, and wait five minutes for the instant response. They told me to go away and talk to the company who was sending the parcel.

The sender's customer service seem to be aware of the issues and fairly quickly agreed to resend the parcel via Royal Mail. Now they aren't the best, but are shining beacons compared to these two!

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 09:30 #7 

raistlin
I refused a delivery once from a Hermes "courier" and she told me that I "had a legal obligation to accept delivery". As you might imagine, that didn't have the effect she desired... quite the reverse in fact :lol:

Anyway, she came back at approximately 02:30 in the morning (according to CCTV) a day or so later and just threw it over the fence into the garden.

When I contacted the company who shipped the item, worth a shade over £600, they investigated with Hermes and were told that the "shift manager" can authorise items to be delivered and waive the signature upon receipt requirement.

Just as well I was honest enough to say that I'd found the item on the front lawn. ;)
Paul

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 11:35 #8 

carlpenn
raistlin wrote:I refused a delivery once from a Hermes "courier" and she told me that I "had a legal obligation to accept delivery". As you might imagine, that didn't have the effect she desired... quite the reverse in fact :lol:

Anyway, she came back at approximately 02:30 in the morning (according to CCTV) a day or so later and just threw it over the fence into the garden.

When I contacted the company who shipped the item, worth a shade over £600, they investigated with Hermes and were told that the "shift manager" can authorise items to be delivered and waive the signature upon receipt requirement.

Just as well I was honest enough to say that I'd found the item on the front lawn. ;)

This is not unusual, I have seen on TV where people have recorded Deliveries being thrown over fences, gates etc. In one Video a Widescreen TV is thrown over a Rail Fence!!

We had a USB External Hard Drive delivered over our Garden Gate, I was actually in the Back Garden when he did it. Tina was in the Front room. He just walked up and dropped it over the Gate!! Didn't even knock the Door. When I contacted the Company to complain, I just got the impression I would have more response from my Cats.
Upgrades:

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 07:26 #9 

Tourerfogey
As you all know, it's not like me to take the opposing view ( :lol: ) but I have to stick up for Yodel - The local driver is excellent and will go out of his way to call when he is most likely to catch me in. Even when I have been out and about locally, he has pulled up behind me so that he can give me my parcels. That's what I call service - though I guess that I may just be one of the lucky ones. :)

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 13:40 #10 

Duncan
It is very much down to the local delivery agent, yes. My parents look at me gone out when I complain about Hermes, they have an excellent local agent. We don't.

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 19:21 #11 

raistlin
Maybe they have relatively less good staff than other couriers :lol:
Paul

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 19:46 #12