Parcel delivery rant, (of sorts). by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bear with me.
I ordered an item from Apple. One of their third party items, shipped by said third party.
Order placed 14.9.2015
Delivery scheduled for 21.9.2015 through Synchreon Mail, AKA UK Mail (no signature required). 7 days.
Checked Synchreon Mail tracking 21.9.2015 (Marked as Delivered).
Delivery had not appeared.
Called Apple to complain. Told an investigation would ensue and, a replacement would be sent, within 8 days.
Called Synchreon to advise non delivery. "Delivery failed, where is my item? "Collected by Royal Mail 21.9.2015". "When can I expect delivery?" "Wouldn't know mate, ask Royal Mail." (Helpful !)
No problem for me, Apple arranging replacement.
22.9.2015 Original delivery arrived first thing by Royal Mail Letter post (No sig. required.)
Phoned Apple to cancel replacement. "No problem sir, thank you for telling us, replacement will be cancelled"
23.9.2015 Replacement arrived 8.30 am by carrier. Signed for. (Refused parcel, return to sender). I could have kept it, no one the wiser but, being an honest customer etc.

Question? Why was it not sent Royal Mail in the first instance, cheap and would have been next day delivery 15/16.9.2015?
Makes you wonder why/how Synchreon Mail exists? Obvious answer, because they can.

So, initially my item was marked free delivery. Some hopes, included in the free delivery price. Parcel delivery by Synchreon + Royal Mail first class + replacement via DPD + return replacement. If only the sender had an ounce of sense? Keeps people in work I suppose, in this instance at mine and Apple and third party expense.

Nuff. said.

Rant over.

Posted 23 Sep 2015, 10:02 #1 

PaulT
Had something delivered by Hermes today. She tried to stuff it through the letterbox but it would not go so she rang the bell. When I answered she said 'I tried to post it through the letter box but it would not go which would have saved you having to sign for it!

If something needs signing for then it needs to be signed for.

Personally, for my area I find Parcelforce and DPD to be excellent the rest so so.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 23 Sep 2015, 15:37 #2 

Duncan
I like DPD because they tell you what time your item is coming, will leave it where you ask, and take a photo to prove it! Yesterdays delivery was almost perfect, though I suspect they had a driver not turn in since the time changed after the first notification, but still well in advance, and the delivery confirmation didn't get updated as soon as delivered, but a few hours later. Every other one has been spot on. Most of the others are OK round here, but I detest Herpes.

Posted 23 Sep 2015, 19:46 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Last part of my order with Apple.
Email advised (Apple item this time), Item dispatched. Track Shipment.
UK Mail website, enter every number available, tracking number? (Computer says NO). Delivery reference number? (Computer says NO). Order number? (Computer says NO).
That's what I call service, NOT. Why bother with a tracking number at all?

DPD and Royal Mail, the only companies used that actually did a proper job. Why on earth would they not use them instead of this UK Mail AKA Synchreon Mail AKA iPost AKA iMail AKA shower of excrement.

Posted 23 Sep 2015, 20:44 #4 

PaulT
Mick wrote:DPD and Royal Mail, the only companies used that actually did a proper job. Why on earth would they not use them instead of this UK Mail AKA Synchreon Mail AKA iPost AKA iMail AKA shower of excrement.

Because they are more expensive.

I order our dogs food from a company that ships it in from Europe. Delivery is free for orders of £29 or more. But £29 to £39 they use Yodel and £39 and above DPD.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 23 Sep 2015, 21:14 #5 

Duncan
An order I had from Apple via Synchreon was similar. UK mail themselves were never a problem but the middle man just adds an extra layer of systems that don't integrate.

Posted 23 Sep 2015, 21:17 #6