Bit of a rant... by raistlin

raistlin
... but a bit of a warning as well.

I thought the idea of Paypal was to make immediate payments online without giving your details to the retailer.

NOT... if you ty to buy something from German company MMOGA.

They take your money, via paypal and then tell you they need to "check" you.

You are directed to a web link where you have to enter your order details. That then generates an e-mail which eventually arrives containing a PDF document which you have to down load, print out, complete, scan in and send back via e-mail.

The PDF document practically wants to know your life history.

I chose not to play their games and asked for a refund.

Eventually they responded and said they will refund the payment... within 84 days that is:- THREE MONTHS

Paypal claim going in I think.

Who do these tinpot dictators think they are?

Beware chaps MMOGA.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Aug 2015, 17:24 #1 

PaulT
Are not your name and address given - will only send to PayPal address.

But as for inside leg measurement, that is a bit over the top. Wonder the level of security that MMOGA has. Presumably, they have a nice little earner selling your details on.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Aug 2015, 17:59 #2 

raistlin
Paul,

They asked for a scan of my passport, plus a photo of me holding my passport... amongst other things, like bank details, employment details, citizenship.
Paul

Posted 13 Aug 2015, 06:04 #3 

PaulT
Paul, was not making light of the info asked for. A photo of you holding your passport!!!!! Do not suppose James Bond was vetted as heavily.

If they are in business they must get people who will submit that type of information.

Jürgen - is this common for German companies to ask for this type of information?
Paul

Posted 13 Aug 2015, 07:58 #4 

raistlin
I appreciate that Paul :) I'm not quite as sensitive as I might lead people to believe :lol:

I used that to further illustrate the sheer depth of information they were asking for.

Anyway, Paypal have refunded me and I won't be doing business with them again.
Paul

Posted 13 Aug 2015, 08:16 #5 

Dave
raistlin wrote:They take your money, via paypal and then tell you they need to "check" you

Why would they want to do this at all, but even more so, after they have your money?!

raistlin wrote:They asked for a scan of my passport, plus a photo of me holding my passport... amongst other things, like bank details, employment details, citizenship.

That's just bizarre! Sounds like they are trying to clone you and your details! Verging on the edge of illegal I'd guess.....

Posted 13 Aug 2015, 14:45 #6 

Jürgen
raistlin wrote:They asked for a scan of my passport, plus a photo of me holding my passport... amongst other things, like bank details, employment details, citizenship.

PaulT wrote:Jürgen - is this common for German companies to ask for this type of information?

No, never heard about such a ridiculous request. Unless you want to open a bank account ...

BTW it looks like mmoga.de isn't a German company:

Domain holder: MMOGA Ltd.
Address: Nathan Road 555, 16/F Kowloon Building
Postal code: Kowloon
City: Hong Kong

source: denic.de

Posted 13 Aug 2015, 15:07 #7 

PaulT
I find it interesting for listings on eBay that makes it sound, in my case, a UK company, even at times the language is English and not Chinglish. However, when you click at the bottome for the company details, lo and behold they are in China.
Paul

Posted 13 Aug 2015, 15:36 #8