Delivery within 4 weeks! by PaulT

PaulT
Just ordered something from B&Q. Only available for home delivery and not available in store.

Not needed urgently so 'delivery within 4 weeks' acceptable. Placed the order today (18th) and I am informed that delivery will be via Parcelforce on the 21st, so 3 day delivery. Suppose it is within 4 weeks.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 11:56 #1 

Dave
Depending what it is, you'd probably be better off going via Amazon or eBay - that's thinking about the delivery time and, if they are anything like Homebase, the price

My mum needs a new hosepipe, and she wants the sort that is fabric covered, which doesn't roll up, it can just be scrunched into a corner. At Homebase this one is £22.99. Homebase is less than a mile from us, so handy to collect, but found one on Amazon for £12.99. This seemed a bargain already, but even better when you realise the Homebase one is 25 feet long, the Amazon one is 100 feet! (Homebase charge £57.99 for the 100 foot one) Oh, and the Amazon one includes a spray nozzle, which Homebase charge £9.99 for....

Last week we needed a new hose for our shower as the old one was split. £12.99 Homebase, £1.75 all on from eBay, delivered in 2 days!

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 15:03 #2 

PaulT
It was two replacement kitchen cabinet doors, the originals came from B&Q therefore, the replacements needed to.

Anything else I always shop around. One B&Q nearby has a Screwfix just up the road. They are both owned by the same company. Surprising how much you can save at Screwfix v B&Q.
Paul

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 19:22 #3 

PaulT
The doors were coming via Parcelforce who never deliver before 15:00 where I live. We went out shopping and got back at 13:00 and just as we pulled up so did the Parcelforce van. 'You're early today' I said to the delivery man. 'I Know' he said 'I am going on holiday tomorrow and want to get finished early today'.
Paul

Posted 21 Aug 2015, 18:05 #4