Steve (Arctic) does it again by raistlin

raistlin
I need to say thanks to Steve who spent a while under VeeKay today, changing the lower support arm bush again. The previous one had become distinctly oval.

As soon as I drove the car after the new bush was fitted I noticed a difference. The vibration must have been almost subliminal, so much so that I wasn't aware of it, but 'post bush', VeeKay is back to the way she should be. The bush also corrected a slight snatch in the transmission as well, which had been present when taking up drive from a trailing throttle.

Cheers mate :) You're one of the best.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 18:47 #1 

WillyHeckaslike
Was this the lower engine mount/tie bar bush? :-?

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 20:04 #2 

raistlin
WillyHeckaslike wrote:Was this the lower engine mount/tie bar bush? :-?

Yes
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 20:18 #3 

kandyman
Well done Steve.

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 20:36 #4 

JohnDotCom
Never had mine done since new, so may have to get that looked into on service.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 11:40 #5 

rmdd
I had mine changed today with a Ford Mondeo MK3 type. It needs a little modification. You have to cut the small bush with a hacksaw to make it fit. The large bush needs two washers at both sides. It works perfectly and is much cheaper. My used Mondeo mount cost me only 18 pounds.

I had the washers glued with superglue for easy installing the mount. It minor worked out for me but my fingers stayed perfectly sticked on my tools after... :shock: Isn't it a laugh.. :lol:

Regards Ralph

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 31 Aug 2013, 14:50 #6 

ceedy
My Synergied Dizzle had a Mondeo one in for about 4 weeks before it tore it to pieces??

Strange there's so many differing results with these other types ?..

My current 2nd generation yellow P-flex is performing well at the moment ..

C
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 31 Aug 2013, 18:59 #7 

WillyHeckaslike
Further modification to accommodate the Mondeo mount might be required to prevent it hitting the engine bracket. The bracket can be ground back but most have found it easier to reprofile the mount where witness marks show evidence of contact. Click

Posted 03 Sep 2013, 15:49 #8