Plastic Tubing Ideas Please ! by Trebor

Trebor
I want your help to solve a problem I have but hopefully at not too great a cost.

I want to be able to store fishing rods outside without breaking them down so that I can just whip them out and they are ready to use.

I want them to be protected from the weather so the best solution would seem to be some plastic piping, one for each rod.

I had considered plastic guttering downpipe but it costs about £7 for a length which is not quite the right length and as i have about 10 sets of rods to store it will cost a fair bit that way

Any ideas will be gratefully received
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Oct 2012, 19:04 #1 

Jumper
Two sheets of plastic corrugated roofing, placed together 'peak to peak' rather than 'spooned'. They may be fixed to a wall outside or in a shed and could be vertical or horizontal. The ends may be temporarily closed using the polystyrene strips that are used often to block the ends when used as roofing.

Posted 15 Oct 2012, 21:31 #2 

Trebor
Jumper wrote:Two sheets of plastic corrugated roofing, placed together 'peak to peak' rather than 'spooned'. They may be fixed to a wall outside or in a shed and could be vertical or horizontal. The ends may be temporarily closed using the polystyrene strips that are used often to block the ends when used as roofing.

Thats not a bad idea to consider and probably cheaper too, thanks
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Oct 2012, 22:56 #3 

Mad-Monkey
4" waste pipe might be an option too, but I think that could run expensive! You'd be able to buy end caps and wall brackets and things though.

Posted 16 Oct 2012, 07:58 #4 

Trebor
Waste pipe would be ideal and is wide enought t take rod an reel, but it is expensive in the amounts i need David, and wouldnt want used either but thanks for the suggestion

Anybody got a shannon tube about 150 feet long ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 16 Oct 2012, 11:36 #5 

Dave Goody
I just hope you have a secure garden

Posted 17 Oct 2012, 13:26 #6 

Trebor
Dave Goody wrote:I just hope you have a secure garden

Its a minefield !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 17 Oct 2012, 17:59 #7