Wild Life In Your Garden by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Thought i would start this thread off about wild life you see in your garden night or day hope to see some good pics. :thumbsup:

Going no where quick
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 26 Aug 2011, 23:40 #1 

stevemac

Both most unwelcome. This fox dispatched one of our ducks and the Harris hawk my daughter and I have a fight with IN OUR KITCHEN! as it had it's talons on another one of our ducks.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 28 Aug 2011, 06:56 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Morning Steve.
Unwanted or not two nice wild life species thanks for sharing sorry about your ducks, Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 28 Aug 2011, 10:08 #3 

stevemac
Arctic wrote:Morning Steve.
Unwanted or not two nice wild life species thanks for sharing sorry about your ducks, Arctic.

The Harris is not indigenous. Note this one has jessies on it's legs. belonged to someone somewhere. We got the RSPCA around to take it away. Got it's talons out of the duck by wrapping a teacloth over it's head. Duck was shaken but fine after a few days.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 28 Aug 2011, 14:26 #4 

James.uk
Used to have loads of small birds around the many feeders i put up.. :) then some neighbors got some kittens.. :(

Never see any birds now, and the food went off in the feeders so I took them all down again.. I HATE CATS!!!

Posted 28 Aug 2011, 14:29 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
James.uk wrote:Used to have loads of small birds around the many feeders i put up.. :) then some neighbors got some kittens.. :(

Never see any birds now, and the food went off in the feeders so I took them all down again.. I HATE CATS!!!

Any cats in my garden get hit with water from the hose pipe, you have to be nice to them until they are in range. Keeps them away for a few weeks. I also hate having these top predators stalking the indigenous wild life.

Posted 28 Aug 2011, 14:48 #6 

stevemac
We have a cat, in fact, at one stage we had four. Still get plenty on birds in the garden.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 28 Aug 2011, 15:11 #7 

stevemac
James.uk wrote:Used to have loads of small birds around the many feeders i put up.. :) then some neighbors got some kittens.. :(

Try taking the feeders off the ground.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 28 Aug 2011, 15:12 #8 

Dave Goody
stevemac wrote:
Arctic wrote:Morning Steve.

The Harris is not indigenous. Note this one has jessies on it's legs. belonged to someone somewhere. We got the RSPCA around to take it away. Got it's talons out of the duck by wrapping a teacloth over it's head. Duck was shaken but fine after a few days.

Should have put it on e.bay it would have covered a new engine! PS they are Jesses not Jessies [ very different] :-D

Posted 17 Oct 2012, 14:53 #9 

Borg Warner
We have numerous ducks in the back garden, but Stowmarket is well stocked with them. We have a Jay and a Woodpecker, although not seen him for a while, a pheasant, fox, hedgehogs and cats. One of which San caught as it played with and then killed a pigeon. Holly (the terrier) almost caught it, but it managed to escape. Has since been back. Love animals but not cats, although I'd never hurt one, anyone any ideas how to deter the damn thing? We have a large garden and Holly's getting a little slow in her old age, worried that said cat will get one of the ducks before too long.

Oh an spiders too. Big ones. Next time there's a Shelob about I'll get the camera out.

Posted 17 Oct 2012, 22:41 #10 

Trebor
Heres one from me , i havent been out for ages !

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 18 Oct 2012, 18:42 #11