Who knows their veteran cars? by Bernard

Bernard
My father produced this old photo of his family in their car but he obviously cannot remember it as he is probably the baby in the back. He is 95 now by the way.
He is curious to know what the car is and so am I.
It is strange that there is no registration number evident nor lights but the family had a somewhat cavalier attitude to mere details at that time.
My guess is that it is a Humber but quite old by the time the photo was taken, we think, in 1919.

Any thoughts?

I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 May 2014, 15:13 #1 

ceedy
Reckon its a Humber 11 around 1914 ??? maybe :-? :confused: :gmc:

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 26 May 2014, 18:04 #2 

Trebor
Took this at Prescott last weekend, its a Humber and the radiator looks the same at least

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 26 May 2014, 19:46 #3 

Trebor
This is a 1911 Humber 11 from Google and there are many similarities, the grille and bonnet size for a start, it appears that the car belonging to your father's family has no doors and a few other bits missing, plus maybe front wheel arches made on a Saturday morning, maybe it was the early potent gas conversions that " blew the bloody doors off "

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 26 May 2014, 20:22 #4 

Trebor
This seems to be the one Bernard circa 2009 and with the same wheel arches

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 26 May 2014, 20:45 #5 

Trebor
This seems to be the one Bernard Humber circa 2009 and with the same wheel arches

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 26 May 2014, 20:45 #6 

Bernard
Yeah, that's got to be it. The family were involved in the car business early days.
Well spotted Rob.

Sent via Tapatalk.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 May 2014, 21:36 #7 

Duncan
Remember in those days, car bodies were not made by the 'car' manufacturer. Humber would have been the chassis and engine manufacturer, but another company would almost certainly have built the body. This is why its hard to compare using the bodywork. A couple of coachbuilders I know of were Mulliner, and Park Ward, but there were many many more.

Posted 27 May 2014, 17:48 #8