White Weekened by SpongeBob (Page 1 of 2)

SpongeBob
We've just started to see the first snow fall of winter so far here in Lichfield. I know others have seen it previously but up until now we hadn't seen a snow flake. It's now coming down fairly consistently and with temperatures this morning well below freezing it's no surprise that outside now looks a bit sparkly ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 14:30 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Snowing here and already white on the ground!

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 14:54 #2 

Zeb
Pfff...Looks like a hard frost :D we had 4 inches yesterday... Think we should have a competition for the deepest snow picture taken near home this weekend...

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 14:55 #3 

Mad-Monkey
Midlands will lose lol we just get excited when we see the snow, hardly ever get a good covering. Maximum amount of chaos for the minimum amout of snow!

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 15:04 #4 

Jürgen
Monk wrote:Midlands will lose lol we just get excited when we see the snow, hardly ever get a good covering. Maximum amount of chaos for the minimum amout of snow!

Sounds sooo familiar ... :lol:

No snow over here yet, just a few tiny flakes. But it has been cold for some days now (-12°C at nights).

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 16:09 #5 

Bernard
Monk wrote:Midlands will lose lol we just get excited when we see the snow, hardly ever get a good covering. Maximum amount of chaos for the minimum amout of snow!

You're just a soft Silhillian. ;)

Come out here in the sticks, we will be genuinely cut off by the morning. Looks like my decision to buy the Rangie will pay off.

Damn! just been out to it and the battery is flat. :-x

Will have to rob one of the other cars.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 16:10 #6 

Duncan
Might have to test the winter tyres properly now!

Alternatively, stay here in the warm.

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 16:12 #7 

SpongeBob
Just got back in from work. I walked in today and thus walked home - I looked like a snowman when I got in! We've now got a few inches on the ground and everything :)

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 18:50 #8 

Trebor
Plenty of snow here I have only managed to wash one car so far
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 19:10 #9 

Zeb
SpongeBob wrote:Just got back in from work. I walked in today and thus walked home - I looked like a snowman when I got in! We've now got a few inches on the ground and everything :)

Yay! You got proper snow now! :D

(We have a blizzard going off outside now.....)

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 19:25 #10 

Mad-Monkey
I can't get off the drive lol

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 19:31 #11 

Zeb
Monk wrote:I can't get off the drive lol

Wot? You stood there so long you have frozen to it? :D

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 19:38 #12 

Mad-Monkey
Zeb wrote:

Hehe there's a good 2" now, snowman building imminent :)

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 19:40 #13 

Bernard
Monk wrote:
Zeb wrote:

Hehe there's a good 2" now, snowman building imminent :)

2 inches? Pah! that's merely a little dusting of snow. :-D
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 19:44 #14 

Mad-Monkey
Enough for a snowman though!! That's the judgement call lol

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 19:59 #15 

SpongeBob
Well, now you've said you're intending to build a snowman we expect a photograph of you and your newly-built snowman ;)

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 20:01 #16 

Mad-Monkey
I will certainly try :)

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 20:03 #17 

Zeb
Strange snow here...very fine like sand but building up surprisingly quickly...snowmen? Now there is an idea! Last year we built an igloo..:D

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 20:13 #18 

Mad-Monkey
Zeb wrote:Strange snow here...very fine like sand but building up surprisingly quickly...snowmen? Now there is an idea! Last year we built an igloo..:D

Not enough for an igloo here but If keeps going through the night then maybe :)

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 20:18 #19 

Zeb
Monk wrote:
Zeb wrote:Strange snow here...very fine like sand but building up surprisingly quickly...snowmen? Now there is an idea! Last year we built an igloo..:D

Not enough for an igloo here but If keeps going through the night then maybe :)

Think we have enough for igloos here now...absolute blizzard all evening and still going strong.....worst I have ever seen! Still, got the (alcoholic) supplies in earlier so I guess we can tough it out..:D

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 22:27 #20