Price of spares for white goods by Dave

Dave
Noticed this morning that our fridge/freezer has a crack on the handle for the fridge part, which I'm guessing will give way before too long :(

Had a look online and found this which seems to be the part but £42 for a plastic door handle?!? :shock:

TBH, the unit is a good 8 years or more old, and will probably need replacing before too long as the freezer ices up badly and the whole thing is looking a bit worse for wear, but until it actually conks out, we'll keep it going even if it means taking the handle off the freezer we keep the dog food in in the garage. It's white not silver and would end up upside down, but certainly not paying £42 to get a new handle!

Posted 16 Aug 2015, 15:15 #1 

PaulT
Is that from the manufacturers website? There are a large number of companies on the Internet selling spares.

At 8 years old though you might be better off 'investing' in a new one.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 16 Aug 2015, 15:52 #2 

Dave
Probably the manufacturers site! (not sure!) TBH, it can keep going and we'll open it with a piece of string until it goes bang :)

Posted 16 Aug 2015, 16:07 #3 

Borg Warner
I've used these people in the past Dave:

http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es1485 ... M7611%2F6X

Looks the same handle, but not much difference in price I'm afraid.

Gary M.

Posted 16 Aug 2015, 21:25 #4 

Dave
Cheers Gary - seems that they price the spares in such a way as to encourage replacement of the whole thing! :(

Posted 16 Aug 2015, 21:33 #5 

takestock
I think this would be me :) may even splash out on a pair to make it look the same
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Uni ... 1a009cd217
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 14:36 #6 

Dave
Brilliant! Enough left over for a can of silver paint to make them match the doors (ish)! :)

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 14:54 #7 

Duncan

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 17:10 #8 

Dave
Nice! When it snaps, we know what to do now :)

Thanks chaps!

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 17:31 #9