What on earth is going on??? by podge (Page 1 of 4)

podge
I just cannot believe what I am seeing on the news today in London, I thought we were a civilised society.I am guessing here but were this Paris, the CRS Police would be giving the miscreants very short change indeed.

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 18:13 #1 

JohnDotCom
The lunatics have definitely tried to take over the asylum.
The looting is completely unconnected to events of shooting, and if I had my way I would chop off their hands! (but of course that would be against their human rights, so lock them all up and throw away the key).
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 18:26 #2 

nisfo
I think they should send the army in, show the idiots that they can't go on like this. They are knocking the community back to where it began!!

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 18:31 #3 

raistlin
A water cannon is a blunt instrument and can rarely be justified. However, on occasion I think such a device would be acceptable.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 18:43 #4 

Bernard
You are right, Podge, about the CRS. While I was living in Paris I saw them in action against some student rioters. But they smashed the press cameras and chased off the onlookers before going into action. Not a pretty sight really, but heaven knows what they did after we had been removed from the scene.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 18:50 #5 

JohnDotCom
raistlin wrote:A water cannon is a blunt instrument and can rarely be justified. However, on occasion I think such a device would be acceptable.

.....and with what's happening to the Police vehicles they would just set fire to it! Fire crews near the carpetright premises and flats above was basically left to burn for hours and now completely gutted (FB Statement say they couldn't be offered protection by the Police and advised not to tackle)
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 18:53 #6 

raistlin
I've seen a water cannon in use John ;) I think the protagonists would be far too involved with saving their skins than attacking the vehicle. In addition, the one I saw was pretty much impregnable :D

In the meantime, the chaos seems to have extended to Birmingham :(
Paul

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 19:09 #7 

Tourerfogey
And whilst all this goes on the police seem to be standing by, watching and doing sweet FA.

I've spent the last 3 hours watching BBC News 24 and in all the areas filmed it seems that the police do nothing but sit back and watch. I understood that the remit of the Police was to protect life, limb and property but I don't see that happening tonight.

But it's ok because Cameron and Boris are coming back from holiday . . .

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 21:32 #8 

Ragman
Sadly, if the police take positive action the lawyers and media will be all over them for over them for over-reacting

World's gone mad

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 21:38 #9 

JohnDotCom
A few stun grenades would sort it out!
John

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 21:46 #10 

Tourerfogey
The lawyers and media should be all over them now for under-reacting.

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 21:46 #11 

Ragman
Damned if they do, damned if they don't

For what it's worth those doing the looting etc should be put up against the wall and shot - in my opinion

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 21:50 #12 

raistlin
Tourerfogey wrote:The lawyers and media should be all over them now for under-reacting.

I think, at the moment, this is just highlighting how few Police officers we actually have.

As I understand it there are simply not enough to be effective because of the number of simultaneous incidents.
Paul

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 22:40 #13 

Ragman
That's what I was trying to say - as usual put much better than I managed to

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 22:54 #14 

Mad-Monkey
I got out of Birmingham just in time. I left about 10pm and police road blocks were in force. We managed to get on the motorway and come the long way home. I can't believe whats going on!!

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 22:58 #15 

Arctic
(Trader)
We all know what this is about but we are not allowed to say because if you do or the police do anying the racism card will be delt,no matter what colour you are the law is the law do wrong get punished and if you have done wrong accept your punishment, this counrty stinks and it starts right at the top as we have seen it,s corrupt police MP's judges, millionares billionares we are on the way down the human race is now starting to distroy it's self, no matter where you go no as repect for anyone no more. People are doing jobs they dont want to do. I mean do thes people really think the police go around beating and shooting people for nothing in 20yrs time these streets with be like Beirut,Syria,Lebion,a war torn counrty. Thats my first and last opinion on polictics religion,etc etc. We are doomed
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 02:29 #16 

zojosc
nisfo wrote:I think they should send the army in

Hardly any left and what we have are sorting out other countries problems. This country has gone to the dogs in the last twenty years and the limp wristed goverments of past are now reaping what they have sown!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 05:48 #17 

podge
Just listening to this guy is enough to make you weep,I think he sums up the situation very succinctly with his last closing comments............
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14454250

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 10:45 #18 

Zeb
The so-called 'riots' are just criminal greed and nothing more. My own feeling is that the police / army should simply tell these people by loud hailer to go home or they will be shot*. End of. They can then make their own choices. Rioting would end shortly thereafter....because these characters sure aint out there to defend their liberty...

* And there's you all thinking I was a soft-hearted liberal...:D

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 12:17 #19 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Have to agree with Zeb here, and damn all the bleeding heart liberals shouting about how it is societies fault that we have failed these poor hard done by individuals.
I have no doubt that all those convicted of crimes committed in this manner will be given short sentences, fines and or ASBO's. ********* all that, ten years and no release before the completion of their sentence. Following on, boot camps run by the most sadistic sergeants the army can muster, for the older instigators. If they happen to die whilst being taught the error of their ways, then so be it. ********'s all of them.

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 12:46 #20