Greatings earth people by Jamie

Jamie
Hello Folks, I am still ticking over here in suburbia...since I last spoke to you nice people I have booted the Vectra out after a month of ridiculous niggles and faults and set up my own consultancy business, this meant I needed a small van so my curent hack is a new little 1.3 diesel Fiat Doblo...although I have my eye on a silver LWB 75 that I keep seeing in Crewe...Its a proper beauty with the 18" Rims and V8 grill...soooooo nice.

Anyways...it seems that most folks are jumping the other ship so I am joining the evacuation! LOL

Nice to know everyone is here...and Tourerfogey!!!! helloooo! :clap:

Jamie

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:45 #1 

takestock
Hi Jamie, How ever did you find us :D ;) :roll:

Welcome along, whatever happened to the world record attempt?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:56 #2 

JohnDotCom
Nice to see you to Jamie and hopefully a LWB car to soon. :D
Kandyman has purchased one and not looked back since.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:57 #3 

takestock
That's cos he is short sighted and cannot see the back of the car :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:58 #4 

JohnDotCom
:clap: :clap: :D
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:59 #5 

Mike
Hello Jamie :)

How are you and family doing mate? Great to see you posting again.

Mike

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:02 #6 

SpongeBob
Welcome along Jamie - nice to see you posting here and even nicer to see you looking into the world of 75's/ZT's again. We said you'd be back didn't we ;) :lol:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:03 #7 

JohnDotCom
Hopefully see you on Pensarn beach soon (if I have my eyes open) ;)
John

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:07 #8 

SpongeBob
JohnDotCom wrote:Hopefully see you on Pensarn beach soon (if I have my eyes open) ;)

There be where you're going wrong ;) Try opening your eyes when walking! :mrgreen: :lol: :gmc:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:10 #9 

Duncan
Hi Jamie.

Where you seeing that LWB? I see loads of 75s and zeddies, including a yellow ZT in the car park at work that I've only seen this week but never that one.

Will keep an eye open for you in the Doblo!

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:16 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hello Jamie, good to have you aboard.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 23:14 #11 

Zeb
Welcome fellow philosopher..... :D I look forward again to our dealing with the great questions of life in a relaxed and happy atmosphere.... :cheers:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 00:04 #12 

greeners
Ah, another old face, nice to see you again Jamie....

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 00:56 #13 

Jamie
Now then folks...lots of questions...first the world record attempt, blimey yes...the idea was to get as many 75/ZT owners as possible to drive from John o groats to lands end on one tank of fuel...there were similar records but not one of them was a convoy of british built cars...so for that reason it was acceptably unique me thinks...my best ever in the ZTT was 670 miles on one tank without going empty...and I thougt if I lightened the car...empty the washers, smaller battery, removed headrests, radio, boot cover etc then taped up all the crack and crvices and removed the roof bars I recon I could have made the 745 miles on one tank!

and yes Zeb...a deep meanigful thread is long overdue...where should we begin? LOL

The LWB 75 I keep seeing is often in the pub car park up near the hunters lodge...its a 56 plate...very shiny and always parked by the road side hedge...im tempted to call in.

right...no rest for the wicked as they say...so back to work for a few mins!

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 21:20 #14 

Tourerfogey
Hello Jamie :) Good to see you here - yes, TF is back from the wilderness.

When we last spoke (just before we were so rudely interrupted ;) ) I think you'd just talked youself out of buying a Chrysler 300C . . .

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 21:48 #15 

Last edited by Tourerfogey on 01 Jul 2010, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDotCom
Good memory TF, I remember that now after a jog from yourself. :)
John

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 21:51 #16 

Tourerfogey
I tend to remember things like that - it's things like my name I have trouble with . . .

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 21:56 #17 

raistlin
Hello Jamie. Nice to see you here :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 22:06 #18 

Samarkand
Hi Jamie, nice to hear from you after so long :)
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 17:30 #19 

Jamie
Tourerfogey wrote:Hello Jamie :) Good to see you here - yes, TF is back from the wilderness.

When we last spoke (just before we were so rudely interrupted ;) ) I think you'd just talked youself out of buying a Chrysler 300C . . .

HI TF...yes I was very sad to see you absent from the forums, glad you are back in amongst the original team!
Oh and yes the 300C...I actually chose the car/spec and dealer then put my deposit down...that night I had a dreadfull nightmare (no joke) and the next day I cancelled the car...the garage were very helpful and returned the £1000 deposit too!

I am still tempted but more by the price now...when I put the deposit down they were £33K...motorpoint had some new pre-reg cars recently for £16K !! now thats a big difference for a new car.

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 20:18 #20