V8s...... by Zeb (Page 1 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Zeb
I love my V8 and nothing has gone wrong in a whole year of motoring....at the weekends....

Just thought I'd kick off here before all the looneys arrive wibbling about superchargers, tail slides and best drain pipes to deafen oneself with.... :stirer: :lol: :scared:

Posted 26 May 2010, 20:44 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Looney, wibbling, V8 owners, sounds very familiar. :D
:gmc:

Posted 26 May 2010, 20:46 #2 

Jürgen
Zeb wrote:I love my V8 and nothing has gone wrong in a whole year of motoring....at the weekends....

Zeb, I know how you feel. I wish I would have be able to keep that V8 I once had for a day. Lovely car.

Posted 26 May 2010, 20:57 #3 

JohnDotCom
V8's are great, as long as you have a everyday car to run around in.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 May 2010, 21:05 #4 

Jürgen
V8s are great as every day cars as well ...

... as long as you don't have to pay European petrol prices. :roll:

Posted 26 May 2010, 21:16 #5 

Zeb
Interestingly....dare I say it?....I prefer the ZT-T V6 for everyday motoring....lighter,handles better, better balance, more forgiving.... :stirer:

Having said all that....the V8 is better built in some respects and has a real 'presence'...even when just sitting in her.....or was that the beans? :D

Anyway she makes me grin like nowt else has managed to....well....ok maybe ONE person has managed to produce the same sort of stupid grin.... :gmc:

Still wouldn't want to be without her......cos someone else would then be spending all the petrol dosh saved.... :shock:

Posted 27 May 2010, 15:13 #6 

Ragman
Wouldn't be without mine either - one exhaust gasket failed in 2 years of ownership, other costs just service parts

Silly grin appears as soon as I fire her up

Disppears for a while every time I pull into a filling station

Posted 01 Jun 2010, 21:14 #7 

Zeb
Had mine a year this week... still can't resist blatting around the countryside in spite of the fuel costs.....still...long run coming up...the Yorkshire meet... :rolling:

Posted 01 Jun 2010, 21:45 #8 

Martin
Zeb wrote:Had mine a year this week... still can't resist blatting around the countryside in spite of the fuel costs.....still...long run coming up...the Yorkshire meet... :rolling:

Talking about blatting around the countryside ...................... Need your house paintin' sir :lol:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 02 Jun 2010, 20:06 #9 

Zeb
Martin wrote:
Zeb wrote:Had mine a year this week... still can't resist blatting around the countryside in spite of the fuel costs.....still...long run coming up...the Yorkshire meet... :rolling:

Talking about blatting around the countryside ...................... Need your house paintin' sir :lol:

Just the garage floor if you don't mind....so it is nice n shiny and reflective...then I can see me exhausts... :D

Posted 02 Jun 2010, 20:58 #10 

Mike
Who mentioned V8's? Great cars...............just got mine out for the weekend :)

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 13:47 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Mike wrote:Who mentioned V8's? Great cars...............just got mine out for the weekend :)

Hi Mike, about time you gave it another airing. Benwick area is quite a nice place to test out handling. :)

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 13:53 #12 

Zeb
Hello Mike....good to see you here...Benwick is all very well for checking out your handling until you come off the road and drown... :lol:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 14:03 #13 

Mike
Zeb wrote:Hello Mike....good to see you here...Benwick is all very well for checking out your handling until you come off the road and drown... :lol:

lol, 15 minutes on here and I've already wet myself (metaphorically speaking of course). It all feels very good. My daily drive is now a OVLOV S40 D5 (the dark side) which goes like stink thanks to near 200bhp in a smallish car hee hee. Getting in the V8 after the D5 is pure auditory pleasure :D

Cheers

Mike

ps Benwick..............? Is that on the coast then ;)

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 14:31 #14 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Mike wrote:
ps Benwick..............? Is that on the coast then ;)

No, but it is below sea level. :D You're thinking of Brancaster. Now that's a place to get wet. :D

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 15:00 #15 

Tim
Stop talking about not have anything wrong in xxx years. Always the kiss of death!!

...........got to learn how to personise my new profile ....... :D

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:12 #16 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:I love my V8 and nothing has gone wrong in a whole year of motoring....at the weekends....

Just thought I'd kick off here before all the looneys arrive wibbling about superchargers, tail slides and best drain pipes to deafen oneself with.... :stirer: :lol: :scared:

Mine is nice and quiet too!
Had a few withdrawal symptoms after 6 weeks cold turkey in the V6 though. :panic:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:17 #17 

eurorover
Zeb wrote:Interestingly....dare I say it?....I prefer the ZT-T V6 for everyday motoring....lighter,handles better, better balance, more forgiving.... :stirer:

Having said all that....the V8 is better built in some respects and has a real 'presence'...even when just sitting in her.....or was that the beans? :D

Anyway she makes me grin like nowt else has managed to....well....ok maybe ONE person has managed to produce the same sort of stupid grin.... :gmc:

Still wouldn't want to be without her......cos someone else would then be spending all the petrol dosh saved.... :shock:

I agree and find my zt 190 better for handling
Wyn

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:25 #18 

Ragman
Just means you're not driving the V8 properly - built to be driven - HARD

:stirer: :stirer: :stirer:

:ireland: :unionflag: :ireland: :unionflag:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 22:03 #19 

Zeb
Ragman wrote:Just means you're not driving the V8 properly - built to be driven - HARD

:stirer: :stirer: :stirer:

:ireland: :unionflag: :ireland: :unionflag:

Can't do that! All me cotton wool would get blown off.... :o :shock: :? :lol:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 18:06 #20