V8s...... by Zeb (Page 2 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

JohnDotCom
Saw Zeb's V8 today for the first time at Yorkie meet, very nice. :ugeek:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:37 #21 

Ragman
Indeed it is!

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:51 #22 

Zeb
Thanks chaps...no hard driving today...family aboard...happily she makes an incredibly civilised cruiser with the cruise control on..almost the entire length of the A158 without changing gear....and that includes the overtaking... 8-)

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 09:23 #23 

black olive
As I said to the commentator yesterday whilst showing the car at a local rally- the V8 is the last blazing icon of a once proud british motoring industry, and shows what engineers can do on a budget- never to be repeated and to own one is a unique opportunity and a privilege- christ Ive brought a tear to my eye :fosg: :fosg: :lol:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 11:57 #24 

Bernard
black olive wrote:As I said to the commentator yesterday whilst showing the car at a local rally- the V8 is the last blazing icon of a once proud british motoring industry, and shows what engineers can do on a budget- never to be repeated and to own one is a unique opportunity and a privilege- christ Ive brought a tear to my eye :fosg: :fosg: :lol:

I've just fought off an overwhelming urge to go out and give mine a run round the village. :unionflag:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 22:10 #25 

Stu C
Zeb wrote:
Just thought I'd kick off here before all the looneys arrive wibbling about superchargers, tail slides and best drain pipes to deafen oneself with.... :stirer: :lol: :scared:

Hello :D From one of the queitest 260's around, thought i'd si hello in here too :D

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 22:02 #26 

Bernard
Stu C wrote:
Zeb wrote:
Just thought I'd kick off here before all the looneys arrive wibbling about superchargers, tail slides and best drain pipes to deafen oneself with.... :stirer: :lol: :scared:

Hello :D From one of the queitest 260's around, thought i'd si hello in here too :D

The exhausts were proven to be not the loudest, but those horns :panic:

Hi Stu!

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 22:05 #27 

Ragman
Stu C wrote:
Zeb wrote:

You - quiet?????? Have you got a twin brother

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 22:28 #28 

Zeb
At the moment my V6 is noisier than my V8...now how did that happen? :gmc:

Nice to have you here Stu... :D

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 08:57 #29 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:At the moment my V6 is noisier than my V8...now how did that happen? :gmc:

Try putting some petrol in and starting it.
:gmc:

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 09:18 #30 

Mike
Just been out for a tear around in the V8 before it has it's MOT tomorrow :) luverly jubbly as they say, tho' could only find one BMW to play with, and he gave in too easily ;)

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 16:16 #31 

Stu C
Awesome! - Hope its passed though Mike, although don't doubt why it shouldn't :)

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 11:52 #32 

Mike
Failed on handbrake, surprise surprise :( Will have to sort for retest Tuesday...........

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 20:21 #33 

AndyG
Bernard wrote:The exhausts were proven to be not the loudest,

I have that honor. :mrgreen:

ZTT 400 SHM "Super Brick"
ZS180 x 3 (2 Trophy Blue, 1 x Le Mans Green)
ZR160 XPG "Rabblt" Reg X30 VVC
Triumph Speed Triple

Posted 28 Aug 2010, 00:58 #34 

Zeb
Mike wrote:Failed on handbrake, surprise surprise :( Will have to sort for retest Tuesday...........

Bad luck Mike...

Mine passed last month.....along with an advisory that it was 'dangerous to drive'.

Brakes passed the brake test but all four brake disks were only contacting the pad on the outside edge... :shock:

Luckily / shockingly, the brakes are so good that working at 50% they will pass the brake test.

T'is only thanks to Birthday Boy Martin that I am still on the road...

I have located a firm in Lincoln that will skim the rear disks too! Once I have a price I will let people know!

Posted 28 Aug 2010, 09:25 #35 

woolleysox
My Ztt is away having the damage to tail gate sorted. Dope backed into me in open air car park containing two vehicles his and mine :hissyfit: Hope to be in the driving seat Wednesday :D :unionflag:
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 05 Sep 2010, 15:26 #36 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:
Zeb wrote:I love my V8 and nothing has gone wrong in a whole year of motoring....at the weekends....

Mine is nice and quiet too!
Had a few withdrawal symptoms after 6 weeks cold turkey in the V6 though. :panic:

and it shifts too and does not have size 11 dents in the floor :hissyfit:

Posted 05 Sep 2010, 19:50 #37 

starbug2
Ragman wrote:Just means you're not driving the V8 properly - built to be driven - HARD

:stirer: :stirer: :stirer:

:ireland: :unionflag: :ireland: :unionflag:

Bernard did :panic: :panic: :lol:

Posted 05 Sep 2010, 19:52 #38 

Bernard
starbug2 wrote:
Ragman wrote:Just means you're not driving the V8 properly - built to be driven - HARD

:stirer: :stirer: :stirer:

:ireland: :unionflag: :ireland: :unionflag:

Bernard did :panic: :panic: :lol:

Nah, I didn't. I had run out of LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) as you know. :x

The engine was merely ticking over, I'm too much of a tightwad to put my foot down when running on petrol. :shock:

The footprint in the passenger floor will knock out with a big enough hammer. ;)

Posted 05 Sep 2010, 20:32 #39 

Zeb
I took Mr B out in mine yesterday....so he told me all about some Aston Martin thingywotsit he'd driven as we bimbled along...had to put me foot down to distract him from such expensive nancy nonsense.. :lol:

Hope yours gets sorted properly Rob..

Posted 05 Sep 2010, 20:36 #40