Save this 'MOA' 75! by Cowley_MOA (Page 1 of 2)

Cowley_MOA
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 08:58 #1 

DeuxGazoles
Would consider it if I had a few spare pounds :em:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 09:06 #2 

carlpenn
What could be wrong with the Gearbox? If it works out cheaper than having my HGF (Head Gasket Failure) repaired might be worth having a look.

I have a Cowley_Coa btw ;) :D
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 09:11 #3 

Cowley_MOA
carlpenn wrote:What could be wrong with the Gearbox? If it works out cheaper than having my HGF repaired might be worth having a look.

If its juddering I wouldn't be surprised if all it needed was a gear box oil change. Don't quote be though! :o

I think Cowley_COA and Cowley_MOA roll off the tongue rather nicely :lol:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 09:17 #4 

Cowley_MOA
DeuxGazoles wrote:Would consider it if I had a few spare pounds :em:

Its not a bad beast looking at it. Much like a certain other MOA I know 8-) :mrgreen:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 09:18 #5 

carlpenn
Cowley_MOA wrote:
carlpenn wrote:What could be wrong with the Gearbox? If it works out cheaper than having my HGF repaired might be worth having a look.

If its juddering I wouldn't be surprised if all it needed was a gear box oil change. Don't quote be though! :o

Yes they do, furthermore, to show how truly sad I am about my Rover, from W400 to W499 mine is the only Connoissuer SE model registered :D :lol:
Upgrades:

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 09:19 #6 

DeuxGazoles
Frosty?? :mrgreen:

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 09:19 #7 

Cowley_MOA
DeuxGazoles wrote:Frosty?? :mrgreen:

Cheeky Bugger! :lol:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 09:26 #8 

Cowley_MOA
carlpenn wrote:
Cowley_MOA wrote:

Yes they do, furthermore, to show how truly sad I am about my Rover, from W400 to W499 mine is the only Connoissuer SE model registered :D :lol:

Well I know the reg's of the two cars that came off the line before and after my 75.
T207 JOP
T78 MOA (Mine)
S550 AOX

Sad... I know!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 09:28 #9 

DeuxGazoles
Cowley_MOA wrote:
Well I know the reg's of the two cars that came off the line before and after my 75.
T207 JOP
T78 MOA (Mine)
S550 AOX

Sad... I know!

Very :mrgreen: but then again not as bad as the grav.....Oh best keep that quiet :lol:

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 09:33 #10 

Cowley_MOA
DeuxGazoles wrote:
Cowley_MOA wrote:
T207 JOP
T78 MOA (Mine)
S550 AOX

Sad... I know!

Very :mrgreen: but then again not as bad as the grav.....Oh best keep that quiet :lol:

oh ...el yes :mrgreen:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 09:44 #11 

MrB

Me too. Is a way away in Bristol too.

I have sent them an email asking if any investigative work has been carried out on the gearbox and what was found?

Have also asked re service history and if the belts have been changed.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 11:58 #12 

Duncan

As the photos from the Nano proved, I do have a lot of spare pounds. Unfortunately the Lbs variety. So no good for purchasing cars.....

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 12:31 #13 

DeuxGazoles
Duncan wrote:As the photos from the Nano proved, I do have a lot of spare pounds. Unfortunately the Lbs variety. So no good for purchasing cars.....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 12:36 #14 

Bermudan 75
OK chaps how about this for an idea?

When Andy and Martin were taking steps to save the pre-production car, I offered a financial contribution to help them.

So the plan is if we see a car that needs saving why not set up a 'save this car fund' with the purpose to A) Save the car B) Get it back on the road C) Put any dosh from the profits into a fund to save other cars.

Just a seed of an idea......... anty thoughts that might make it germinate?

Cheers

Mike :cheers:

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 15:26 #15 

Bernard
Duncan wrote:

As the photos from the Nano proved, I do have a lot of spare pounds. Unfortunately the Lbs variety. So no good for purchasing cars.....

As long as you don't turn up to the meets like this -

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 16:03 #16 

Duncan
Bernard wrote:
Duncan wrote:

As long as you don't turn up to the meets like this -

No chance of that happening.

It would mean shaving!

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 18:56 #17 

Duncan
OK, sorry, back OT.

Don't think I'm suggesting it's a bad idea to save the cars, I'm sure it is. I'm a serial car saver. And there lies the problem. I don't have space or time for the ones I have.

If there's someone who could realistically take on the project, then maybe it would go. But the initial purchase price is a fraction of the cost. I bought an seven year old V6, in supposedly full order. It still looks pretty much the same, but has needed a fortune spent to get it anything like straight.

So even if we club together and buy it, who pays for the parts and work? Where do we store it, and so on?

Please, persuade me I'm wrong. I'd love to be, and would love to be involved. But would it work?

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 19:14 #18 

MrB
MrB wrote:I have sent them an email asking if any investigative work has been carried out on the gearbox and what was found?

Here is the reply I received from the seller "Hi, We are selling this on behalf of a customer so we have not looked into the problem, he also has all the service history"

So looks like whoever buys is will have to take a real leap of faith with it.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:34 #19 

carlpenn
MrB wrote:
MrB wrote:I have sent them an email asking if any investigative work has been carried out on the gearbox and what was found?

Here is the reply I received from the seller "Hi, We are selling this on behalf of a customer so we have not looked into the problem, he also has all the service history"

So looks like whoever buys is will have to take a real leap of faith with it.

Chris

True, but surely with all the service history, worst case scenario is a replacement Gearbox? The Bay of Flea's surely will have on at some point?
Upgrades:

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 09:32 #20